Fuel tank capacity

Anybody know the fuel capacity on a 2007 daf cf 6x2 day cab■■?

How big is the tank? Is it one with ‘DAF’ stamped on the side or an aftermarket one?

mucker85:
How big is the tank? Is it one with ‘DAF’ stamped on the side or an aftermarket one?

Daf stamped on the side.looks same size as the one on xf.

Lot’s of different tanks but the one on the XF I drove was 375 lts.

Coffeeholic:

Thanks for the help. :slight_smile:

jf1970:

Coffeeholic:

■■■■■■■■, it wasn’t supposed to help. :stuck_out_tongue: :wink:

BTW, all the XF’s, 6x2’s, there had that size of tank. When we had some 4x2’s they had 900 litre tanks, also with the DAF thing stamped on the side.

Ask a Pik…sorry a white Transit pick up driver, he will tell you :wink:

Grab a tape…LengthxWidthxHeight in cm=and divide this by 1000 to get your litres.

ShropsBri:
Grab a tape…LengthxWidthxHeight in cm=and divide this by 1000 to get your litres.

Or ask a German customs officer who worked on any of their borders pre 1992. They could look at a tank, squint a little, then tell you its capacity to within 0.25 of a litre. :wink:

jf1970:

Coffeeholic:

Didnt you squeeze 374 in it once ?

Unlike me … i ran out 5ks short of Kruibeke

jimboy124:

jf1970:

Coffeeholic:

Didnt you squeeze 374 in it once ?

Unlike me … i ran out 5ks short of Kruibeke

Indeed I did. :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :stuck_out_tongue:

Coffeeholic:

ShropsBri:

Or ask a German customs officer who worked on any of their borders pre 1992. They could look at a tank, squint a little, then tell you its capacity to within 0.25 of a litre. :wink:

German efficiency for you that is.
I would only have been a puppy in '92 and having never been over the water…did they used to dip your tank and charge tax on the diesel you had or something to that effect?

If you look around the top of the tank, you will probably see a type approval number with the capacity stamped into the tank

the tank on my 6x2 XF is 480 litres, had another one that was 400 litres, they also fit 525 litre tanks on the 105 XF

ShropsBri:

Coffeeholic:

ShropsBri:

German efficiency for you that is.
I would only have been a puppy in '92 and having never been over the water…did they used to dip your tank and charge tax on the diesel you had or something to that effect?

You could only take 200 litres into the country and you filled out a form, a tankschein, declaring how much you had and it was amazing the skill the drivers had in arriving at the border with exactly 200 litres time after time. Sometimes they would dip your tank to see if you were telling the truth and you would have to pay duty on anything over the 200.

You had to be careful if you transited Germany and filled up on route. After leaving Germany into another country then coming back in they sometimes tried to charge you duty on fuel you had bought in Germany, and therefore already paid duty on. You could declare the fuel on the way out to avoid issues on the way back in or just don’t put too much in.