fuel shortage?

According to the Daily Mail, a refinery in Essex has gone bust, how can a company like that lose money.
dailymail.co.uk/news/article … osure.html

And I read on the BBC that the Wincanton tanker drivers at tank storage depots are on strike for a week, it is not looking good.

Dont think theres any money in refinerys m8. Shell sold Stanlow last year. More mney for the oil companies in drilling and getting the blackstuff out of the ground.

Here’s what Wincabnton top brass say about the strike.

wincanton.co.uk/newsroom/pre … en-strike/

Oddly its not that refinery that caused the problem. Coryton makes good money, it’s been swallowed up by the parent company in Switzerland who have gone bust.
Got a meeting in the morning with HR as there are 50 drivers on a DHL contract to Petroplus Bitumen who are probably out of work now as a result of this failure. We have not had product to ship scince Jan 3. It was a good job too.

Splendid Cat:
Dont think theres any money in refinerys m8. Shell sold Stanlow last year. More mney for the oil companies in drilling and getting the blackstuff out of the ground.

Here’s what Wincabnton top brass say about the strike.

wincanton.co.uk/newsroom/pre … en-strike/

It’s easy to work out that in Britain,at least for road fuel supply,there’s only any money in providing the crude oil and for the taxman everything in between and for the end user is a liability.It’s surprising that Unite doesn’t seem to have put most of the blame where it belongs.On the government road fuel taxation policy that takes too much out of the price of the product to pay the suppliers and to make the stuff worth buying to the end user.

Heard on the news, it’s down to over production as in it’s producing unleaded, when every one is moving over to diesel, the site is actually surplus to requirements.
They also said that diesel is expensive in this country because a lot of it has to be imported as we don’t produce enough of it.
Also the fact that crude is so expensive it can’t justify running the plant to produce unleaded, which they are struggling to sell.

weeto:
Heard on the news, it’s down to over production as in it’s producing unleaded, when every one is moving over to diesel, the site is actually surplus to requirements.

Not only that, but many of us have switched to smaller and more economical cars; and correct me if I’m wrong but isn’t that what we were all being encouraged to do? So we use less petrol, so we need to make less petrol, so jobs are lost; law of unintended consequences by the sound of it.

taxi ray:
According to the Daily Mail, a refinery in Essex has gone bust, how can a company like that lose money.
dailymail.co.uk/news/article … osure.html

And I read on the BBC that the Wincanton tanker drivers at tank storage depots are on strike for a week, it is not looking good.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=80307

The Solution ?

hiriko.com/