Fuel shortage = shifts cancelled

Hi guys

As anyone else been hit because of this fuel shortage ?

I was suppose to be on a driving assessment today for a new conditional offer to start next week but because of the fuel shortage it got cancelled as they have trucks of the roads Because of not being able to fuel up.

Is it worth looking for other work via the agency I have had bit of trouble with 2 agencies with shifts being cancelled at last minute.

I was booked to work 5 days this week but because of the driving assessment I had to cancel a days work so I could attend even thow they knew the reason it was for a perm job they got ■■■■■■ about it and cancelled my shifts

Do any one recommend any good agencies based in the midlands at all ?

Or is it worth just knocking class 2 on the head for a bit and find other work ie warehouse ?

Don’t tell an agency bod you’re going after another job, the only thing agency bods care about is making money for their company and themselves which is fair enough it’s their business they’re looking after.

If you’re going to work for agencies you need to learn to play the game, once they know you’re looking elsewhere for work they will give the work to people they believe are going to stay with them.

As I understand it, agency work is like girlfriends - you can have multiple, but they must never know about each other! :laughing:

Are you trying to drive AND have a full-time (non-driving) job as well?

TruckerGuy:
As I understand it, agency work is like girlfriends - you can have multiple, but they must never know about each other! :laughing:

Are you trying to drive AND have a full-time (non-driving) job as well?

No I’m simply just after driving work but I keep getting hit with “we need 2 years experience for insurance purposes” or the latest one is “if you had your license for 6 months we could put you any where with or without experience”

Got a multi drop job interview this morning paying £11 an hour and they put me through for my ADR entitlement guesss I’ll have to sign a bond unsure about what to do to be honest.