Fuel Protests Nationwide

This lot couldn`t organise a pea soup in a brewery :laughing:
Saturday Lunchtime… :grimacing: You really could not make it up could ya… :laughing:

Why are so many people, so collectively stupid :question:

So lets suppose this protest works and the government ■■■■■ 20p a litre off fuel overnight…

Monday morning customer phones your gaffer wanting a lower price for the job because fuel costs are lower. The damage has been done in regard to rates, it barely matters what fuel costs.

Please don’t bother wasting peoples time with these protests. It will achieve bugger all.

with no reply from the OP, that will mean he doesn’t give a hoot to what you guys think

I’ll make sure I fill up in Spain that week in protest :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

The price of fuel will make no diffrence to haulage, most contracts have fuel escilaors in them. If fule drops companies will put there rates down accordingly dirver pay will stay the same and proffits will stay the same, the goverment will need to make up the short fall in taxes somwere els so VAT or income tax will increse noone will be any better off, all that might happen is it might encorage some more cars onto the road making pointless jurneys witch is the last thing anyone needs more cars on the road is more damage/wear and tear to the roads hence more mony needs to be raised

I dont own a truck, I aint particularly bothered about how much they charge for diesel. Goods at A need to get to B…regardless of how much fuel costs

Trukkertone:
the 21st is a Saturday… whoopeee… good plan… how about 9am monday or 5pm friday ■■?

10am or 3pm monday to friday is the answer.

Few people are on their way to or from work at these times, thus not wasting fuel in their own vehicles. :wink:

For day staff, and a few earlies and lates, they’ll still be on shift, so either they’re paid by the hour and get some overtime out of it, or they are salaried and get to bank some hours or whatever bullcrap system full timers get made to wear these days. :confused:

The idea of a protest is to make government shake, business quake, and the general public sit up and listen, instead of being apathetic last week, and next week not giving a ■■■■ which is otherwise the norm. :angry:

The LAST thing a protest should achieve is any cost/damage to your own life. :slight_smile:

billybigrig:
I’ll make sure I fill up in Spain that week in protest :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I wouldnt bother, diesel is approaching 1.40 euros a litre here, and it was an unbeleivable £1.25 in Gibraltar yesterday - thats nearly a 100% increase on a year ago. What is interesting is how much we are all being ripped off by either governments or oil companies - or very likely both.

In July 2008 Brent crude was trading at 140 US Dollars a barrel, today it is at about 125 US Dollars a barrel, even taking out various tax increases the net increase in fuel costs are exhorbitant.

Source used for oil prices: http://ycharts.com/indicators/brent_crude_oil_spot_price

Cheaper diesel but not petrol is my opinion for what it’s worth.
It would aid the economy in general plus if diesel was cheaper than say Belgium then all those foreign trucks would fill up here thus swelling the coffers.
But no government would do that because it would make them unpopular with the masses.

Why would cheaper diesel be unpopular with the masses?

Every time I suggest hammering the 4x4 set, I get shouted down most harshly! :smiling_imp:

Have they not demonstrated their status in the purchase of said brand new motor when they don’t live in the country, when diesel is already more expensive than petrol, and servicing costs a fortune?

You really don’t need to buy a licence to waste money - which is all an urban 4x4 is! :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :laughing: :laughing:

If I state something that is correct, then I state it as fact. If I state something that is wrong, then I was misinformed.

No fuel protest will work ,that’s been proven time & time again, you will never get the tankers to strike for cheaper fuel & you most definitely won’t get any big hauliers to strike , for example if each one of steady eddies wagons is making just £5 profit for each load he’s making a fortune in the grand scheme of things , & who do you think will pick up your work at a lower rate if you strike . As long as we need fuel it will rise, incidentaly, how many people buy bottled water & think nothing of the price ?! …

or beer ■■?

Winseer:
Why would cheaper diesel be unpopular with the masses?

Every time I suggest hammering the 4x4 set, I get shouted down most harshly! :smiling_imp:

Have they not demonstrated their status in the purchase of said brand new motor when they don’t live in the country, when diesel is already more expensive than petrol, and servicing costs a fortune?

You really don’t need to buy a licence to waste money - which is all an urban 4x4 is! :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :laughing: :laughing:

A 4.6 Litre Range Rover converted to run on LPG would probably cost less in fuel,maintenance,and depreciation than a lot of other choices.

Mr carryfast is talking a bit of logic here I acquired a grand Cherokee 4.7 petrol that hag been gassed and it was cheap to run. As long as you keep away from main dealers servicing costs are not to bad.
I had a smart car after that was fun but parts were quite expensive.