Fuel prices in europe

Ok, this might just be me being cynical in me old age but, say your fueling up in lux ( or wherever is the cheapest for fuel atm) & the forecourt price is 90ppl, what’s to stop the agency that your using charging you 100 or 105 ppl, obviously cheaper than uk prices but still not the forecourt price■■?

Nothing, It’s in the contract.
It’s rare, but not uncommon for this exact scenario to happen.
Some owner drivers will carry a fuel card and company credit card, Just in case the pump price is less than the fuel card price that week.
It does work the other way usually.

Credit card no good in eu countries as then works out more expensive as you can not claim back the vat or fuel duty rebates from that country

Ive got dkv which you pay the pump price or at some sites you get a discount off
Which agreed in advance

Also have as24 which you get on a friday the following weeks prices
So you know in advance

DT@Leightonhaul:
Ok, this might just be me being cynical in me old age but, say your fueling up in lux ( or wherever is the cheapest for fuel atm) & the forecourt price is 90ppl, what’s to stop the agency that your using charging you 100 or 105 ppl, obviously cheaper than uk prices but still not the forecourt price■■?

Nothing, and the same applies in the UK, I usually buy AdBlue on my company debit card because the pump price is 50 ppl plus VAT whereas the fuelcard company charges around 85 ppl plus VAT for AdBlue drawn from the same pump if I use a fuel card.

i do euro work and ive got 4 cards, bp, shell , as24 and edc. my gaffer likes me to use the edc card but i can only use that at alveringham and the price there is 1.33 euro.

last time in lux a few weeks ago i used the shell at bercham and that was 1.20 euro.

i generally fuel up in france at 1.40 euro with as24.

in fact i use as24 all the time with tolls and fuel in france.

As24 and edc you never pay what pump says it agreed in advance

Same with dkv at all 4 trucks and veurne

In france esso express one of cheapest at oump price last week 1.30.132
And the bp at cluses 1.32
Where as on motorway 1.45.1.48
Paid 1.19. In lux last week pump price on dkv

As with most fuel cards around 4pm on a Friday my email goes mad with card prices for the following week. this is next weeks with EDC

UK ZONE 1:
BELGIUM ZONE 1:
FRANCE ZONE 1:

SPAIN ZONE 1:
LUX ZONE 3:
IRELAND ZONE 1:

All in local currency. note that Lux is zone 3 the highest price which is cappelen. zone one rodange is 84 cents a litre x vat next week :slight_smile:

Prob with lux now risk the fine coming off the motorway
They were having a purge other week came back out of windhof
They set up on bridge pulling and fining them for coming off for garage
Luckily i wasnt 20 mins later or id been getting done to

the Guy at rodange pays the fine if you fill with 800 litres or more. the fine is €200.00

gettin-on:
Prob with lux now risk the fine coming off the motorway
They were having a purge other week came back out of windhof
They set up on bridge pulling and fining them for coming off for garage
Luckily i wasnt 20 mins later or id been getting done to

I didn’t know you could get a fine in Lux for that.
I used to go to the AS24 at capellen, When heading down it was on the other side of the motorway, so i would come off at the next junction and turn round. I’ve come off the motoroway and parked up on an industrial estate a few times. I didn’t know i was risking a fine.

Lux is a transit route so unless you can prove your delivering or collecting your not allowed off.

I know driver’s that have been fined going to windof.

JD is correct about coming off route,i have come off route to turn around to get to the fuel station and not got fined as they know you are going to get fuel.
It is not that far off route.Depends on the copper and what mood he or she is in.
Show the fuel card as proof.Its a shame i could never get close to the city and have a look around there.
And have dinner with the Mayor.

toby1234abc:
JD is correct about coming off route,i have come off route to turn around to get to the fuel station and not got fined as they know you are going to get fuel.
It is not that far off route.Depends on the copper and what mood he or she is in.
Show the fuel card as proof.Its a shame i could never get close to the city and have a look around there.
And have dinner with the Mayor.

Pauper.
I had tiffin with the Grand Duke. Had a go on his wife, just for the craic.

I used to park up for the weekend just down the road from a pub in Lux capital called The George and Dragon if I was transiting through or delivering Lux. I t was just down the road from the Villeroy and Bosch factory I think. Mind you this was throughout the 80s and 90s.
I used to refuel on that National road with all the garages down both sides of the road (Route d`Arlon??) where I believe one side of the road was in Lux and the other was Belgium or was it France! Cheap fuel and ■■■■ I know that. :wink:

Filled up today at alveringham on the belgium N8 pmo garage and pump price was euro 1.30.

As aid before. ignore pump price if you have a fuel card

Wing and a prayer:
As aid before. ignore pump price if you have a fuel card

Yes for that garage I use an edc card.

Which Edc card zone is that one in ? i insist my Blokes use zone 1 only or zone 2 if needs be but zone 3 no way

I dont know to be honest, I just know our gaffer wants us to use the unmanned pmo garage as much as possible. To the extent when I load I lille I have to go back to calais via the belgium and the N8.

You might find this handy. just untick the Esso box. i have the Esso cards from them also but its 1p per litre over the pump price so my lads use it for the vinigarette and German maut

erouteonline.com/edc/