Fuel price hike

I’m sure I’ve just heard that the fat B’std Gordon Brown has put fuel up 1.25 ppl.

It really peeves me off that this man can collect even more revenue from us and come out smelling of roses, hiding it as a green tax.
At this moment in time I feel like going down to the port entrance and parking up!

Tramper:
I’m sure I’ve just heard that the fat B’std Gordon Brown has put fuel up 1.25 ppl.

It really peeves me off that this man can collect even more revenue from us and come out smelling of roses, hiding it as a green tax.
At this moment in time I feel like going down to the port entrance and parking up!

i think it is down right disgusting that the fat useless [zb] has put tax up on fuel, as if we dont pay enough for it already

language edit…Denis F

green tax my arse

the bosses answer when I told him was that’s thr customers problem :laughing:

I see Gordon has upped the fuel duty again - when is he going to hit the foreign truckers coming in with full tanks of cheap fuel and not filling up here.

He is again penalising the UK haulier and pushing costs up.

you are allowed to carry 1500 liters of fuel

with you where ever you go in the EU, and

no one complained when they passed this

ruleing,also try looking at it this way,the

goverment has raised the VAT and these

are the ones who you should be approaching

so that they lower the TAX; YOU WILL NOT GET

the goverment to CHAARGE ON FUEL because

that will be illegal, so the only other way is drop the

tax or leave the EU and bring back the customs and border

controls, which again will /is NOT LIKELY TO happen as

GB relies also on the free trade which is allowed in then EU

now,

just another kick in the bollox for the working man!
as for foreigners, is it only me who’s fed up with em camping here for weeks on end doing work at cut price rates? i’ve even seen em pulling boxes this week! we’re getting shafted from all angles in this ■■■■■■■ country, whats next, a tax on breathing but only if your english?

paul b:
just another kick in the [zb] for the working man!
as for foreigners, is it only me who’s fed up with em camping here for weeks on end doing work at cut price rates? i’ve even seen em pulling boxes this week! we’re getting shafted from all angles in this [zb] country, whats next, a tax on breathing but only if your english?

If it’s affecting you so much why don’t you wrap up your business and go work for someone either employed or self-employed then you won’t have to worry about it! That applies to Tramper too!

sorry but do you think that the same is not happening

in FRANCE;BELGIUM OR GERMANY etc etc this is going

on all over we pick up our containers in various countrys

ITALY;HOLLAND;BELGIUM just as a example, and i am

working for a german transport firm,and they are just

carrying there own work and as CABOTAGE is out this internal

work of delivering and loading of their own trailers–containers

is legal,as is the carriage of the amount of fuel,

SORRY but get the goverment to bring in the road toll

for all vehicles ASAP and also at the same time give

the home transport companys more grants to offset

these increases in costs,

Snooze Control:

paul b:
as for foreigners, is it only me who’s fed up with em camping here for weeks on end doing work at cut price rates? i’ve even seen em pulling boxes this week! we’re getting shafted from all angles in this [zb] country, whats next, a tax on breathing but only if your english?

If it’s affecting you so much why don’t you wrap up your business and go work for someone either employed or self-employed then you won’t have to worry about it! That applies to Tramper too!

because that would be admitting defeat my friend, if i and the rest of the lads on here were the type to buckle after the first or the one hundreth setback we wouldn’t have started in the first place!
dummy.

pete, at times you post some interesting stuff and at other times you post some complete nonsense! the clue was in the original post mate, the point being we are already paying more than anyone else for fuel :bulb:

paul b:

Snooze Control:

paul b:

because that would be admitting defeat my friend, if i and the rest of the lads on here were the type to buckle after the first or the one hundreth setback we wouldn’t have started in the first place!
dummy.

Dummy? I beg your pardon. I am the one with a secure well paid job, pension, long holidays etc unlike you that is probably pulling boxes or doing traction work for anything between 70 - 120ppm, working round the clock without a care in the world for the tacho regs and either running some knackered £2k scrapper or debted up to the eyeballs with some mega space super duper 580 with more lights on it than blackpool prom.

Sorry, who’s the dummy again? :unamused:

simple question, now take your time, don’t rush

what the ■■■■ are doing on an owner drivers forum then!

paul b:
simple question, now take your time, don’t rush

what the [zb] are doing on an owner drivers forum then!
the clues in the big writting at the top of the page. :unamused:

Presumably you’re addressing me here. For one, I wasn’t aware that this forum was only for owner drivers to chat in. I didn’t see anything in the forum rules about that. No. 2, as I used to use my own wagon many years ago before seeing the light and getting out before it was too late, I still have an interest in this side of the industry.

and you just thought you might drop in and give us all some sound advice on how we should all pack in before we go bankrupt or get locked up for running bent?
i’ve got to admit i am just riveted to my seat in anticipation at your next words of wisdom, i don’t know why, but i’ve just got this feeling a mars bar is soon to be mentioned.

Snooze Control:

I wasn’t going to reply to this as I’m not really sure that it warrants a response, but I’ll try once again to educate pork.
Not only does this rise in the tax levied on fuel affect us owner drivers and small hauliers, it also affects the big boys who you probably work for, making your well paid, pensioned job less secure than it was on Monday. Yes, the big players are more likely to be able to swallow the extra or pass the cost on , but with increasing numbers of foreign hauliers with lower running costs taking a bigger and bigger bite of the UK domestic apple, how long will the big boys be competetive?
Why don’t we give up and work for someone else? In my case, and I can only speak for myself, it’s just the way I am, I cannot allow myself to be a drone employee, being told when, how, and probably not why.
Each to their own, but please do not think that this duty rise will not affect you, because it probably already has.

:confused: Why do I have the urge to type F OFF ROB! :laughing:

PAUL B yes the fuel costs are high but to complain

that non uk vehicles are staying in the UK and working

with cheap fuel is something that is happening in

GERMANYfor example with polish cezch ,slovak,

lorrys doing this here ae well with the cheaper fuel from

their countrys,WHy is it that people forget this is

happening all over EUROPE as i posted before,

and not just in the UK ,IT,s not right that the tax

forfuel and also the lorrys is so high,the goverment

must attack this part of the problem,lower road

tax and the tax on fuel , and THEY