Fuel police

Heard about a few visits in Lincolnshire by the above today they were dipping tanks of vehicles ok so I imagine they were looking for red obviously but also taking away fuel samples from fixed tanks in depots etc what’s that all about then ?

got told that a fuel company had mixed kerosene in with road fuel

mac12:
got told that a fuel company had mixed kerosene in with road fuel

Now that wouldn’t surprise me! A guy I used to work for (and several others) got sold some a few years ago. It was traced back to the provider and the business was wound up but somehow the 2 blokes running the fuel scam escaped prosecution■■?

We’d just had a delivery of 25000 litres the week before the tank got dipped aswell. Customs and Excise wanted to seize the diesel (and the tank) as it was 85% kerosene. Anyway he assured them he could sell it to locals as domestic heating oil so they left the tank there. We had no end of bother from Customs and Excise for the next few weeks though checking we weren’t still using it for road use!

They’ve even been turning up at Autograss meetings as well to test towing vehicles.

They turned up at the Scarborough venue a few weeks ago which is at Hunmanby, according to one of the organisers who posted on an Autograss site that I use.

Ken.

In my area of Scotland a few have been stripping red diesel and selling it as derv.

Quinny:
They’ve even been turning up at Autograss meetings as well to test towing vehicles.

They turned up at the Scarborough venue a few weeks ago which is at Hunmanby, according to one of the organisers who posted on an Autograss site that I use.

Ken.

Any excuse for an extra dollar eh, maybe they should camp outside the countries ■■■■■ sites instead, they would rake it in then ffs !