Fuel injector life expectancy

What the title says, how many klics should they last before they should be changed?

Suppose it depends on the vehicle.

I’ve known injectors on ■■■■■■■ engines last over 1m, but it also depends on the manufacturer of said product.

Ken.

if cleaned and maintained , not neglected they should last the life of the vehicle afaik . but how many people do you know who takes them out and gets the filters changed and has them cleaned and flow tested ■■?

al_P:
if cleaned and maintained , not neglected they should last the life of the vehicle afaik . but how many people do you know who takes them out and gets the filters changed and has them cleaned and flow tested ■■?

Know anywhere in the North West that does that and cost, used to be someone in the Potteries but its been a few years since I did anything with them so not sure if they’re still about

ring redmans engines, fleetwood. they are dead on, long serving staff, who know what’s what.

I know its not really the north west but theres a couple in Stoke what we use -

Potteries Diesel Services - 01782 890209 there based in fenton just off the A50

GW Dales - 01782 837665 based in Burslem

Hope this helps!! :smiley:

greasemonkey:
I know its not really the north west but theres a couple in Stoke what we use -

Potteries Diesel Services - 01782 890209 there based in fenton just off the A50

GW Dales - 01782 837665 based in Burslem

Hope this helps!! :smiley:

Thanks greasemonkey, theys the ones I’ve used before, not so far from middlewich :slight_smile:

Ive just had one go on my 4 ser scania
I had smelled the diesel the day before but could not fathom what was wrong untile I cheched the dip stick.
The level was ok but I could smell it in the oil.
I had a new one fitted at Hull but the next day no 2 piston shattered sending shards through the inlet manifold wrecking pitting most of the other pistons and alot of cylinder heads. Hull did me proud and found some second hand heads and replaced the pistons and liners.
The truck has done nearley a mil clicks.
Apparently it is a common fault with old 4 series but most get away with it. It is only when the dip stick is checked and there is more oil than is needed!!
Compressors fall of as well so Tourgh the studs at service checks

Sorry to hear your bad luck TONYCANNONBALL, lets hope it hangs together & earns it back for you.

Fly sheet