Fuel economy

So,I managed to get in the top 5% for fuel economy.I dont get anything ,not even a ‘well done’,but at least the satisfaction that I made a small effort to stop more carbon going into the atmosphere.It wont save the worl,I get that,but we’re in the ■■■■.The ice caps are melting.They reflect the sun,so when they melt,the sun heats the water more,causing more ice to melt.Maybe you dont believe all this,or you just dont care.If youre earning 50k and you wont pay an extra £50 to offest the flight pollution,or youre driving a big car that you dont really need and taking holidays in those big,awful cruise ships belching out black oily smoke,you just dont give a ■■■■.But here we are,we all ignore the elephant in the room,until we are up to our necks in water…

Sploom:
you just dont give a [zb]

That’s about…

As condascending (sic) as a person can get. You know nothing about anyone’s views on this subject. You’re just wildly assuming things to suit your agenda.

Your hypocrisy is of biblical proportions.

As for getting a ‘well done’ from the firm, I’m sure god thinks even more of you than he did last week when you lucked out on the mpg.

It’s OK. When the water is up to our necks we can all ■■■■ off into an ark two by two or follow some other religious fantasy story to help us through :unamused:

For what its worth I drive gas trucks so my emissions are far lower than yours and I drive an electric car, have solar panels on the roof of my house and have a heat pump fitted now so God loves me more than you even though I think he’s a whopper.

Please continue lecturing others who are doing more than you

Ok,Im sorry for sounding condascending but,at the end of the day,I’m worried about the planet,but here’s the thing.It looks like no one can make suggestions about reduces CO2 without being called a hypocrite because we ALL consume oil in one way or another,unless you live in the rainfoests of the Amazon jungle,but I think it’s worth doing what we can to reduce our carbon footprint

Can guarantee the vast majority of those who drink the climate kool aid are the same people who swallowed the covid scam hook line and sinker and be first in the queue for the next set of planned injections of Lord knows what filth.
You’re being conned, wake up, follow the trail of money promotions peerages and gongs and you’ll find the science.

As for economy driving, i was in the top set of 350 vehicles nationwide in actual real life fuel figures and never once received my fuel bonus because the telematics system said no, it was pin money anyway so no great loss but just one small example of how everything is eyewash these days.

toonsy:
It’s OK. When the water is up to our necks we can all ■■■■ off into an ark two by two or follow some other religious fantasy story to help us through :unamused:

For what its worth I drive gas trucks so my emissions are far lower than yours and I drive an electric car, have solar panels on the roof of my house and have a heat pump fitted now so God loves me more than you even though I think he’s a whopper.

So,the guy that believes in a religous fantasy book that says the earth was flooded,he should be ridiculed for it but the guy that causes the next flood by scientifically proven methods,nothing should be said to that guy.If this is your mindset,it’s up to you but I dont look at it that way

Juddian.
I know 3 people who died of covid and many others who had it,so I guess Im one of the ones who fell for the scam.I must have been imagining it all.
But as for climate change,I always ask people like you,which part of the science dont you believe.If the world CO2 emmisions were 32 billion metric tonnes last year,was that figure all made up?
Where does all this CO2 go?
Does it just all fall down as rain,without causing any problems…

I know two people who have died of and one who had a life altering stroke within 24 hours of receiving the second vaccination. Ying and Yang. We could play top trumps all day.

I was thinking more about those that deny it even exists rather than whether the vacinnes work or not but I have the vacinnes myself

Sploom:

toonsy:

So,the guy that believes in a religous fantasy book that says the earth was flooded,he should be ridiculed for it but the guy that causes the next flood by scientifically proven methods,nothing should be said to that guy.If this is your mindset,it’s up to you but I dont look at it that way

:open_mouth: YOU of all people are promoting and sticking up for science over fiction and fantasy ■■ :open_mouth:

Glass houses and stones mate…not to mention shear irony. :laughing:

Sploom:
I was thinking more about those that deny it even exists rather than whether the vacinnes work or not but I have the vacinnes myself

I don’t think I’ve encountered a singe person who denied that Covid actually existed. The difference occurs over the reaction to it as opposed to all of the numerous other Covid diseases. By reaction I mean crashing a world economy and turning neighbour against neighbour.

The biggest and most harmful virus was the media.

You can fool most of the people etc etc etc

Sploom:
The ice caps are melting.They reflect the sun,so when they melt,the sun heats the water more,causing more ice to melt.

It would have been easier to have said “I don’t understand physics”.

Scotland used to have a fairly vibrant ski industry, its all but gone now. The Globe has always heated and cooled, nothing new here so move along. We could use our private vehicles more sensibly, is the school run really necessary? Does the bin lorry need to operate near schools at 08.30? I try to come off of the loud pedal and use momentum rather than the brakes. Global Warming is a fact but taxing the poorer people who dont know how to evade or avoid taxation wont really change things.

Robroy.
Science hasnt proved evolution,the beginning of life nor the big bang.But proving global warming is different,you cant compare them like for like

Harry Monk:

Sploom:
The ice caps are melting.They reflect the sun,so when they melt,the sun heats the water more,causing more ice to melt.

It would have been easier to have said “I don’t understand physics”.

Thats right and if I did,I wouldnt be driving a truck for a living

Sploom:
Science hasnt proved evolution,the beginning of life nor the big bang.

But science has comprehensively debunked Creationism, so where do you stand on that?

Sploom:
Robroy.
Science hasnt proved evolution,the beginning of life nor the big bang.But proving global warming is different,you cant compare them like for like

Total ■■■■■■■■. :unamused:

Harry Monk:

Sploom:

But science has comprehensively debunked Creationism, so where do you stand on that?

I dont believe it has debunked creationism.You cant apply science to a miracle in order to prove the miracle never happened

Sploom:

Harry Monk:

Sploom:

I dont believe it has debunked creationism.You cant apply science to a miracle in order to prove the miracle never happened

But you can apply science to determine that an object is 4,500,000,000 years old rather than 6,000 years old, which is the age of Earth according to Creationism, so where do you stand on that?

The science will tell you it is 4.5 billion yrars old but it is only 6000 years old