Fuel Cards

Tried blagging the gaffer to let me fuel up at a pound a litre but he was having none of it, would we all see this as a bit of incentive for some of the lower paid jobs if we got are fuel at a £1 a litre

not sure what you mean, Is your fuel card price £1 per litre?

Moose:
not sure what you mean, Is your fuel card price £1 per litre?

Think he wants his gaffer to sell him diesel at a quid a litre.

I think what he means is when he uses his fuel card at a bunker site he sees a£1 a Litre on the pump. They are all set like that the actual price is agreed with the card issuer.

My gaffer has let me fuel up a few times…Free!

You can get diesel as cheap as 70p a litre if you’re not bothered about the colour… :wink:

jobseeker:
You can get diesel as cheap as 70p a litre if you’re not bothered about the colour… :wink:

tried that, my volvo doesnt seem to like ribena :slight_smile:)

bigtruck:
I think what he means is when he uses his fuel card at a bunker site he sees a£1 a Litre on the pump. They are all set like that the actual price is agreed with the card issuer.

Spot on pal, i think he said he pays about 1,10 a ltr, but i live 30 miles from work so its costin a bit to get in, unless im traamping of course, so ever little helps but hes having none of it, time to break the hose pipe out and get it for 0p a ltr :slight_smile:

Only 79ppl in France one of the many perks travelling back n’ forth even my chosen ciggies are £4 a packet cheaper oh! and free parking,beautiful
roads,great food n’ wine and does the sun shine more, probably,no don’t want to live there a visit is enough got to suffer sometime.

Plugster:

bigtruck:

Spot on pal, i think he said he pays about 1,10 a ltr, but i live 30 miles from work so its costin a bit to get in, unless im traamping of course, so ever little helps but hes having none of it, time to break the hose pipe out and get it for 0p a ltr :slight_smile:

Gosh, what a nasty unhelpful man you work for!!
Have you tried asking him to move his depot 30 miles closer to where you live?
I mean, why should you have to pay to get to work when it’s probably his fault you live so far away?
So I guess then that your ONLY option is to STEAL his diesel, after all, as there’s so much profit to be made in transport these days I’m sure he won’t mind and the I assume the risk of ending up with a criminal record, and/or being blacklisted by every local employer when you get caught is worth the risk.
Just out of curiosity, how would you react if you returned to find your car had been drained of its fuel, would you just shrug it off or would you seek retribution?

Plugster:

bigtruck:

Genius, he’ll never guess it was you.

Plugster:
Tried blagging the gaffer to let me fuel up at a pound a litre but he was having none of it, would we all see this as a bit of incentive for some of the lower paid jobs if we got are fuel at a £1 a litre

Depends on your mileage, of course - I reckon you’d save yourself around £13 a week on your 60 miles a day commuting. Unless HMRC got wind of it of course.

It would be less than a fiver a week saved for me, so no chance in my case.

pete-b:

Plugster:

bigtruck:

Genius, he’ll never guess it was you.

This is the internet…no one will find out

ok so maybe stealing its a bad idea (hmmm), moving it 30 miles closer, do you think hell do that for me, hes not a nice bloke really, like a lot of planner/mamgers he thinks the wagon can do a constant 56 everywhere, and then moans when an inconsiderate car driver decideds to crash and makes me 30 mins late, i mean i should have forseen that crash and went another way(you know the type), maxed hours on salaried pay, working out about £7 an hour some weeks, i like to carp fish but im not eastern european, i am looking else where and as for a criminal record, im a scouser, i was born with one, and as for being blacklisted from every employer, does that exist/legal?

This is the internet…no one will find out
[/quote]
on my mileage 10 ltrs a day wouldnt go amiss with some fuel efficent driving, as long as i hit 3.5 to 4km a ltr he aint moaning tha much

Plugster:
and as for a criminal record, im a scouser, i was born with one

Don’t tell Janos. He’ll get most upset that you have a sense of humour.

I am glad I work for my boss lol. Our operating centre is about 70 miles away for me and 150 miles for one of my colleagues, if we haven’t taken our trucks home then we go home with a van and he pays the fuel. my mate drops me off on the way and then picks me up on the way back on monday :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: