fuel cards

hi all I am going back doing euro work again last time for me was 2002. can anyone tell me a good fuel card for france spain Holland looked at that edc card but by all accounts it is ■■■ last card I used was total fina and a bunker fuel card thanks :sunglasses:

At my last companys we used mainly Shell,UTA or DKV for europe work. With UTA or DKV you can get fuel everywhere…

Edc for me. always cheaper than the rest and lots of places en route.

Automatic stations AS 24 fuel card.

toby1234abc:
Automatic stations AS 24 fuel card.

I agree :open_mouth:
With DKV, Shell or IDS as a second line of supply, just in case.
Also, you can pay tolls with a DKV or Shell cards in France and buy the Vignette for Holland / Belgium.
If there should be a foray into Germany, you can pay the MAUT with them too
I’m pretty sure you can’t with IDS or AS24.
I’d expect you’d have to tick that box on the DKV or EuroShell application form, I don’t know if that box is even on the IDS or AS24 application.
Spain, as you’ll remember, is a bit more awkward.

Get the fuel cards site map books. Internet is great, but it isn’t always available when you’re mobile and in an emergency you can be certain it’ll be in a bad reception area. The books also tell you what other facilities are available on or very near a site.

THANKS FOR YOUR INPUT I CAN NOW INFORM MY BOSS WHO WANTED JUST ALLSTAR

We use As24 to pay MAUT and Eurovignette, as it’s allied to Eurotraffic.

Oh and tunnel and road tolls.

We had EDC for a month, nothing but problems, with stations listed as taking it no longer taking it.

As24 is great for france, not so good elsewhere but never been stuck. Get the site book, i’ve found plenty good bits to park in towns just by using the as24 book.

Snowgo.That is a good point.There are some handy places for stop overs and facilities within walking distance.
Most As24 sites have showers.
Vive la France.

Allstar■■? Mwahahaha
Do they even have a European Network?
Oh hang on a minute, they do, I seem to remember passing the occasional garage with a big star logo on their board. I wouldn’t want to take a wagon into one though. :grimacing:

I got Shell,Esso and EDC,only thing with EDC is their address’s can be a bit sketchy and there’s a few I’ve never found,not to much of a problem in my Van but looking for ones in an Artic must be a pain in the — :frowning: they still list some that don’t take their card…!!