Fuel Cards

Hello there, just wondering what your experieance is with fuel cards. My supplier has asked me for a large deposit so the amount of fuel drawn down can be increased. Thought this was a bit unreasonable and there is not that big a difference in paying by credit card at the till. How do most of yous purchase your fuel. :grimacing:

change fuel card company :wink:

i have got 3 fuel card, 2 with 1 company, but none of them have ever asked me for a large deposit before they will elt me have any fuel

none of the previous cards that i have had have asked either

I’ve just got a Keyfuels card with a £1500 weekly limit and they didn’t ask for a deposit or anything. I think a lot of it depends on your personal credit rating.

did you phone the number i gave you harry?

tell em to F… off with there deposits, the main ones who want deposits are the main players IE shell. Bp etc, or so it seems when we was wanting euro cards, we have 5 uk diffrent fuel cards, and 3 euro cards and not one wanted a deposit and thats for drawing up 9,000 lts per week per card company we use, sod the deposits so in real terms you are paying for fuel before you have even drawn any at all ■■? thats good aint it

Tell em where to swipe it, similar to you I was asked for a deposit up front for a card account I’d had for ten years.
I’d never ever defaulted on a payment and rang telling them so and told them to put the cards on stop as they would be in the next post on their way back.
Within ten minutes one of the managers rang back appologising profusley and informed me they would continue on the same terms as before :angry: â– â– â– â– â– 

Could you give me the names of some fuel cards you use and what sort of prices. We dont use a lot of fuel compared with some of you guys but like tesco every little helps :smiley:

PM sent :wink:

well, actually, 2 PM’s :unamused: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I am in the same boat have applied for 3 different cards and all want 3k+ deposit for 6 months to give 6k per month of credit though in fairness the fact i have recently gone over to been a limited company does not seem to have helped matters. I am open to suggestions and whilst i could afford to pay the deposit requested i would sooner leave money in my own account and pay cash or by visa than use the fuel cards at that deal.
simon

shuttlespanker:
did you phone the number i gave you harry?

No, I’m still a couple of months away from going live, I’ll get a few more cards if and when they give me an Operators Licence!

you still not heard anything on your O Licence yet? :open_mouth:

shuttlespanker:
you still not heard anything on your O Licence yet? :open_mouth:

Had a letter yesterday, it’s all going through but they want a scale drawing of the yard I will be parked in with my parking spaces marked, they need bank statements in my limited company name rather than in my own name, they want an explanation as to how I got a speeding fine and they want to know if I agree to abide by pre-existing conditions for the premises, then it’s going to be published in this month’s A and Ds.which is due out on the 19th.

No environmental objections so far and I’m not expecting any, fingers crossed.

hmmmm, seems strange, never had that when i applied :confused:

shuttlespanker:

Well, I suppose times change… when I took my Class 1, I never had any of this DCPC, theory test and Class 2 first nonsense. :wink:

Harry Monk:

shuttlespanker:

Well, I suppose times change… when I took my Class 1, I never had any of this DCPC, theory test and Class 2 first nonsense. :wink:

this is very true :unamused: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Thanks for yor help guys. I will give those numbers a ring this week.