Fuel cards

We’ve been told to use our cards. Key fuels/ UK fuels at bunker sites only.
Apparently work are saying there’s 29 bunker sites that’s all we can use

I always thought fuel price was at a set price at any station that accept card’s?
Or have motoway services etc started to charge a fee? Can’t work out why bunker sites only
Any ideas

Service sations are bunker site , but I was told that the company doesn’t pay the advertised price but a lower one.

chooch:
Service sations are bunker site , but I was told that the company doesn’t pay the advertised price but a lower one.

What I always believed.
You pay a set price per litre depending on what card deal you have anyware that accepts your card

edd1974:

chooch:

What I always believed.
You pay a set price per litre depending on what card deal you have anyware that accepts your card

Depends on the card. If it’s a Bunker card/account the company buys the fuel from their chosen supplier in advance, and that amount goes into the bunkering network. Their drivers then draw fuel against this from any bunkering site. Some cards can only be used at Bunker sites while others can be used outside the bunkering network - but when this is done the fuel doesn’t come from the bunkering network and is charged at a different price (usually higher - but maybe not full pump price).

Other cards work as you said, with prices being agreed/notified on a weekly basis, while still others work very much like a regular debit card at garages that accept them (and may be restricted to only being allowed to pay for fuel, oil etc).

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

I always…

Found the Keyfuels system such a ball-ache. Get your little book out, find a garage that didn’t have a low canopy, detour lord knows how miles off your route only to find they don’t take the card any more. The larger ones like Crick always had long queues to get fuel and usually stunk of ■■■■.

When I was using Keyfuels we had a list of a) sites we should use, b) sites we could use if no alternative on a and c) sites not to be used without office approval, so I assume the price varied between a b and c.

yourhavingalarf:
I always…

Found the Keyfuels system such a ball-ache. Get your little book out, find a garage that didn’t have a low canopy, detour lord knows how miles off your route only to find they don’t take the card any more. The larger ones like Crick always had long queues to get fuel and usually stunk of ■■■■.

I just used their smartphone App - Wasn’t perfect but was reasonably well up-to-date. We’ve got Shell cards now, but as we’ve also got our own on-site biodiesel tank and all my runs begin and end at our depot I’ve not used a card for several months…

We use Esso, pay the same price all the time, pump price makes no difference.
Bloody nectar card is hardly worth having though.

I’ve got a BP and a Certas UK fuels one

Roymondo:
I just used their smartphone App

Smartphone?..

I had to stop the lorry in a lay-by with a big red phone box in it back then.

edd1974:
We’ve been told to use our cards. Key fuels/ UK fuels at bunker sites only.
Apparently work are saying there’s 29 bunker sites that’s all we can use

I always thought fuel price was at a set price at any station that accept card’s?
Or have motoway services etc started to charge a fee? Can’t work out why bunker sites only
Any ideas

The reason is probably so they don’t pay a site surcharge ,such as super markets and some garages and also some motorway services will charge one on top of the quoted card price per litre .

Some Keyfuels suppliers have two different prices. One for their own bunker sites and another for other sites

Not much use.
but been sent a map as attached of the 29 sites we can use…I’d of thought thed be .more bunker sites. And.can think of a few that probably arnt on there

But if that’s what they want then yeah be a lot of wasted miles I guess.
Not sure what supposed to do if we go to the south west and south wales

I worked for a company once that had two cards to be shared by 6 drivers so we would have to wait around and meet at motorway services with bridges between them to walk over and get a card of someone on his return journey. Must have wasted so much time.

Roymondo:

yourhavingalarf:
I always…

I just used their smartphone App - Wasn’t perfect but was reasonably well up-to-date. We’ve got Shell cards now, but as we’ve also got our own on-site biodiesel tank and all my runs begin and end at our depot I’ve not used a card for several months…

Certain sites (mainly motorway services and those owned by Euro Garages) charge a premium on top of the basic Keyfuels price. Our firm has a “naughty list” of those who do, which we are encouraged to avoid unless desperate.

that map looks like the certas energy ran keyfuels sites. if you have a certas keyfuel card they offer a 1-2ppl discount at their sites

PA22:
that map looks like the certas energy ran keyfuels sites. if you have a certas keyfuel card they offer a 1-2ppl discount at their sites

Think they mostly are certas sites.
But we don’t have a certas card.
Just key fuels which doesn’t always work or a UK fuels card which I use the most if honest.
Long as use the deidicated UK fuel pumps at any station that accepts them I thought the price was what ever deal the company ■■■. And as we’re only a small company 6 trucks doubt we’d get that good a deal anyway.

edd1974:

PA22:

Think they mostly are certas sites.
But we don’t have a certas card.
Just key fuels which doesn’t always work or a UK fuels card which I use the most if honest.
Long as use the deidicated UK fuel pumps at any station that accepts them I thought the price was what ever deal the company ■■■. And as we’re only a small company 6 trucks doubt we’d get that good a deal anyway.

That`s madness sending you into their sites, and not giving you one of their cards :blush:

Their adblu on the pump is a fair price [ATM] at their sites as well, double bubble :wink: