Fuel Cards

Morning all

Wondering what fuel cards you are all using and why is it price if so what price or services or locations?

We use 4 different cards, BP, Morgan, Shell and keyfuels.

Every Monday I get a price from each supplier and then use the cheapest!
The price fluctuates weekly so not one is best but recently Shall have been 3-4p cheaper than the others.

The prices are the same across all the UK I believe.

Fuel cards are essential these days imo, but along with Yatesy i think you need to have a few different brands so you can get the best prices and you don’t need to worry about network coverage so much.

what card would you say offers the best coverage and price ?

For the UK I have Shell, BP & Fastfuel (Texaco). For Europe I have EuroShell, EDC (Esso), DKV & AS24. The prices change each week, so the card which is cheapest one week is not necessarily cheapest the next. i always try and use the cheapest one, but do not always have much choice especially when doing abnormal load work.

Paul, you registered an account with an email address from a Fuelcard company !

If you’re trying to get free advertising you’re in the wrong place !

Btw, your second account has been deleted as it was much more blatant !

Denis F:

Oops, busted! :stuck_out_tongue:

Harry Monk:

Denis F:

Oops, busted! :stuck_out_tongue:

Was his price 50 pence litre, and 6 months credit :smiley:

As a note Paul has asked and been granted permission to discuss the use of fuel cards in general. However not to promote any particular card on the public forum.
What happens via PM is private and we don’t have access to them, however uninvited PM’s could be seen as spamming which is also against the rules

orite

would you be able to message me your contact details as i am looking for fuel cards.

cheers

irnbruer:
orite

would you be able to message me your contact details as i am looking for fuel cards.

cheers

Try shouting across the office - seeing as your posting from the same IP address as a number of other members, all associated with the same fuel card company, not exactly professional behaviour !! :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

What’s the general payment terms on fuel cards? Weekly? Monthly? 30 days eom dare I say?

Mattwoodtransport:
What’s the general payment terms on fuel cards? Weekly? Monthly? 30 days eom dare I say?

They vary, I have one which takes the money a week later, one which takes it two weeks later, and one which takes it three weeks later. It’s always a shock when they all take it out on the same day and I’m left thinking “Holy Shamoly, where did Four Grand go since yesterday?” :stuck_out_tongue:

:slight_smile: so what’s the point of them if there’s no credit terms, a week later? You may aswell stick it on the debit or credit card

Mattwoodtransport:
:slight_smile: so what’s the point of them if there’s no credit terms, a week later? You may aswell stick it on the debit or credit card

For me its just more convenient to get one bill rather than trying to keep track of a load of till receipts

Mattwoodtransport:

Bunker prices are cheaper than pump prices, with the VAT bunker diesel is just under £1.07 a litre this week, motorway services are currently charging around £1.22 a litre, on the A303 today nearly all service stations are charging £1.14 a litre. So the bunker price is over £200 a month cheaper than the A road price, and nearly £500 a month cheaper than the motorway service area price, based on 800 litres a week.

Thanks Harry

We keep 6 cards in the UK (2 in Euro) and I’ve kept weekly price comparison records on them all since 2004, usually only 0.5 pence between them. Every now and then they all come on asking why we haven’t used them much and then the price drops for a few weeks compared to the competition. Every Monday our drivers are given a preference list based on cost, but we let them use their nouse if getting the best price means running 15 miles off route.

We gave up holding our own bulk diesel years ago as the cost of maintaining pumps & keeping track of who’s drawing what wasn’t worth the saving we made over bunker prices, never mind the security aspect. We would only buy bulk now if there was a threat to supply, which fortunately there hasn’t been for quite a few years now.

What would be the best way of applying to get fuel cards for a newly formed haulier?

Sorry if a silly question, I were thinking along the lines of credit checks etc…

HUBMAN

hubman:
What would be the best way of applying to get fuel cards for a newly formed haulier?

Sorry if a silly question, I were thinking along the lines of credit checks etc…

HUBMAN

Silvey’s, UK Fuels and Fuelcard Services all gave me cards when I first started out, with adequate weekly limits- 1000 litres-ish.

Silvey’s pulled my card ten months later when I posted a first-year trading loss of £35,000 (due entirely to the cost of the tractor unit and being on 30 day EOM terms) but the other two carried on.

Keyfuels gave me a card with a ridiculously low weekly limit, maybe enough to run a pizza moped, I cut it up and sent it back to them with a snotty letter and closed my account.

Now, Silvey’s and Keyfuels phone me up every couple of weeks trying to interest me in their cards, I just tell them to go do one. :wink:

Try UK Fuels and Fuelcard Services.