Fuel Cards

Morning all

Wondering what fuel cards you are all using and why is it price if so what price or services or locations?

I reckon that you’d be better off reposting this in the owner operators section mate, simply because the vast majority in the PDF (well the ones that actually ARE truck drivers that is :wink: ) will be employees. Therefore they will have little or no say in whatever fuel cards they are issued with. Of course there may be exceptions but imo you should be targetting o/d’s with this.

Company debit card. We only have 3 tippers and my boss likes the fact we can use any service station, rather than running about trying to find one that accepts Keyfuels for example. If needed I can stop off and buy spares, tools etc. It’s nice to be trusted. :wink:

cheers will do

The price you pay is dependent on the deal you do with the fuel card company usually so you may not get the same price as someone else. Nobody pays the price on the forecourt pumps unless paying with a credit/debit card or cash. Whilst this may seem mad, fuel cards tend to only alter the price once a month. With the current continuous dropping in prices its quite likely someone paying with credit/debit card or cash will be paying less than those on fuel cards.

Conor:
fuel cards tend to only alter the price once a month. With the current continuous dropping in prices its quite likely someone paying with credit/debit card or cash will be paying less than those on fuel cards.

Have to say this is incorrect, fuel card companies issue prices every Friday for the following week- this week’s prices are 92.98 pence per litre (ppl), 93.45pp, 93.52ppl and 92.95ppl from the four fuel cards I have (all ex-VAT) and recently they have been phoning mid-week to knock another penny a litre off of the price. The cheapest price this week including the VAT translates to a pump price of 111.54ppl, and I only run the one truck, larger operators will get a better price.

There’s a thread on the Owner Driver’s section where we update and compare the current week’s prices we are getting.

Conor:
The price you pay is dependent on the deal you do with the fuel card company usually so you may not get the same price as someone else. Nobody pays the price on the forecourt pumps unless paying with a credit/debit card or cash. Whilst this may seem mad, fuel cards tend to only alter the price once a month. With the current continuous dropping in prices its quite likely someone paying with credit/debit card or cash will be paying less than those on fuel cards.

No it won’t, we were paying £1.15 ltrs when it was priced £1.32