Fuel cards/new start

Hi guys as some of you may know I just put a truck on the road. At the moment I am using my credit card for fuel which is ok in certain places such as near my yard which has a competitive garage close by due to the supermarket up the rd. But I’ve been caught couple times on the motorway as I have a fairly small tank so I’d like the choice.
I picked a form up in my local shell spoke to them but they wanted a 3.5k bond then pay weekly. I wouldn’t mind paying in advance with say a grand or so every week but it seemed a bit strong so wanted to know can anyone recommend a company that may be more accommodating.

AS24 seem to be fairly lax in who they give cards to from personal observation.

bunkercard.co.uk/?gclid=CKn5 … tAodoke8Sg
No recommendation from me - just the first one that came up when I googled fuel bunkering suppliers :sunglasses:

Just to add this was without having a credit check. It was a figure for new starts.

pm sent

kr79:
Hi guys as some of you may know I just put a truck on the road. At the moment I am using my credit card for fuel which is ok in certain places such as near my yard which has a competitive garage close by due to the supermarket up the rd. But I’ve been caught couple times on the motorway as I have a fairly small tank so I’d like the choice.
I picked a form up in my local shell spoke to them but they wanted a 3.5k bond then pay weekly. I wouldn’t mind paying in advance with say a grand or so every week but it seemed a bit strong so wanted to know can anyone recommend a company that may be more accommodating.

When I first started out I got 3 cards… Keyfuels with the fuel card company, BP bunker card with Direct fuels and a fuel genie card (morrisons and tesco sites only pump price) all without deposits… The bp one i found the best for site locations…

UK fuels have a pay as you go type card. just top it up as n when.

When I started 18mo ago Fuelmate in Hull gave me keyfuels and uk fuels cards with 21 day payment terms without needing a bond however all the directors of my company had to sign personal guarantees to the level of credit I asked for. I also got a Total card of Forecourt Fuels without any kind of bond/guarantee at all but I only get 7 day payment terms on that one.

Paul

fuelcards.co.uk/

Theres a link to some of the fuel cards. My work uses the Texaco FastFuel (not sure what prices we get on it).