Fuel card deals at the moment

Who are doing the best deals ? or best terms

“Deals” and fuel card company’s do not go together. I’m paying about 117p on shell direct, keyfuels & bp through some agent or other.

We`re very lucky at the moment with Tarmac, 107ppl

Tried a few fuel cards but with no price advantage its better to use credit card with the ability to shop around for best deal, up to 30 days credit plus Air Miles… :sunglasses:

mixer driver
you may only be paying 107 per litre is this because there has been no rate increase since last year? i was on contract to tarmac until last may on the blocks and the rates were crap then and i have been told the rates are still the same now ffs !! i have been told this by the o/d i sold my block trailer a few weeks ago as he is working for tarmac on blocks now!! …is it any wonder the rates are crap when some o/ds will still do the work whatever they pay
just to add i have about 5/6 fuel cards and they all work in the same way ie they offer you a lower price if you’ve not being using there card for a while and then bump it up when they think you depend on it as everyone on here knows !! i find it best to have a bulk tank as well so i only use the cards when the price is right or am away from base, i also use a credit card with cash back which works well to
moose

Had 3% rate rise 1st feb. Tarmac fuel has now gone up to 117ppl from 1st may with 6% rate rise again. Prices will now change 1st of every month. Haulage rates will now drop and rise 1.2% for every 3ppl price change.

mixer driver too:
Had 3% rate rise 1st feb. Tarmac fuel has now gone up to 117ppl from 1st may with 6% rate rise again. Prices will now change 1st of every month. Haulage rates will now drop and rise 1.2% for every 3ppl price change.

do you have to supply your own vaseline ?

Meaning?..

Denis F:

mixer driver too:

Obviously you ain’t got a clue as to what and how concrete mixer rates are and work!

mixer driver too:

Denis F:

mixer driver too:

Obviously you ain’t got a clue as to what and how concrete mixer rates are and work!

obviously not :wink: but if you’re happy working for them then that’s good and I wish you well with it.

but I always wonder if it’s so good why do they sub it all out instead of making the profit themselves ?
( and that applies to all companies that use subbies)

just had my calculator out and my workings show fuel has still gone up more than rates!

I guess they use subbies so they are not liable for, sick pay, holiday pay, paternaty pay, pensions, accidents, vehicle abuse ( yes there are some driver who do it), and then when work drops off they don’t pay them.

mixer driver too:
We`re very lucky at the moment with Tarmac, 107ppl

It didn’t last long tho mate, it’s up to 117.79!

Nearly 11p rise in a month from Tarmac.

Back to using the credit card now… 113.2 on the pumps

Denis F:

mixer driver too:

Denis F:

mixer driver too:

obviously not :wink: but if you’re happy working for them then that’s good and I wish you well with it.

but I always wonder if it’s so good why do they sub it all out instead of making the profit themselves ?
( and that applies to all companies that use subbies)

Tarmac now have all their drivers a fuel rate rise escalator, if the price of there fuel goes up by 3ppl we get a rate raise of 1.2%. so in effect we ain’t got a clue what our rates are from one month to the next.

My adivise to anyone driving for them under the new fuel and rate escalator is buy your own fuel to gain more from this. Tarmac are currently selling their fuel at 117.79 which gave us a 1.2% rate rise but I’ve been paying 111.79 for my fuel so I’m getting a better gain.

On the subject of tarmac and dropping rates, that’s not true on the concrete mixers, our rates have never dropped and we got 2% rise on 1st of feb 2011.

iangam:
I guess they use subbies so they are not liable for, sick pay, holiday pay, paternaty pay, pensions, accidents, vehicle abuse ( yes there are some driver who do it), and then when work drops off they don’t pay them.

I don’t understand concrete mixer rates either, it is probably a good job, because when the works drops off in winter or a recession, you can hardly jump onto something else,

Unless! :bulb:

Wheel Nut:

iangam:

I don’t understand concrete mixer rates either, it is probably a good job, because when the works drops off in winter or a recession, you can hardly jump onto something else,

Unless! :bulb:

The work don’t really drop off that much in the winter to be honest, it does slightly but not a great deal. Buildings need to be built all year long, it’s hardly just a summer job.

The recession hit all industries hard, not just the building game.