fuel card advice

can any of you lads out there give me any advice or experiance on the best fuel card out on the market at present my phone rings allday with companys trying to get me onto thier cards

Take them all and then play them off against each other on price.

Paul

Have you noticed they all seem to have an Ipswich address ?

The last one that phoned me to ask why I wasn’t using their extortionately priced card was answered with " does your local taxi firm phone you to ask why you ain’t using them? " No? well don’t bother me then !

dozer:
The last one that phoned me to ask why I wasn’t using their extortionately priced card was answered with " does your local taxi firm phone you to ask why you ain’t using them? " No? well don’t bother me then !

Or if you tell them they’re to dear, amazingly, a few minutes later they call you back to say the their price has suddenly come down :angry:

The only way to get a fair price is to play them off against each other for your business (if you can be arsed every week). The only fuel card I have ever had where I didn’t feel they were trying to rob me blind (I’ve had a lot) is the euro shell card direct from Shell themselves and not via a third party. They put what they are paying for the fuel on the statement , their mark up and what they are charging you. BP wouldn’t give me a direct account as they need your first born child as security but they might be ok too. All these third party cards are a rip off and are just trying to hammer as much from you without you noticing as possible, but hey, that’s Capitalism.

I have two fuel accounts one with BWOC (diesel direct) the other with Shell UK I tried other accounts but found their accounts standards too stringent, Shell was difficult to get, I had to show 3 years audited accounts to get £1000 credit limit per month only to get pump prices, still its better than trusting a dvr with cash or credit card. DIESEL DIRECT is a waste of time as you cannot find the sites and when you do they have gone out of business or not doing the cards anymore, you can use all morrisons supermarket stations but none of them allow HGV’s (wots the point of that ?)

are all star cards any good ■■?

jc69817:
are all star cards any good ■■?

good coverage, but you pay pump prices :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

so NO is the answer most of the time !! although I have one I use if I spot pump prices less that fuel card prices :wink:

I don’t have a problem finding diesel direct/ Red card sites though :laughing: :laughing:

Shell are doing a credit card with Citibank, introductory offer of 6% discount on all Shell fuel prices, for 60 days, falling to 3% after that. My fuel cards struggle to match the price of my local Shell garage, without any discounts at the moment :frowning:

I have Smart, Red and Keyfuels cards. Red text me on a friday with following week prices so I know whether to fill up at the weekend if the price is going up. Smart e-mail me on a Friday and Keyfuels text me on a monday. On Tuesday they all ring me up and try to under cut each other

removalizer:
you can use all morrisons supermarket stations but none of them allow HGV’s (wots the point of that ?)

I think maybe what they’re meaning is that you can use any of Morrisons bunker stations such as the one on Area 41 Wakefield.

removalizer:
you can use all morrisons supermarket stations but none of them allow HGV’s (wots the point of that ?)

I think maybe what they’re meaning is that you can use any of Morrisons bunker stations such as the one on Area 41 Wakefield.

Driveroneuk:

removalizer:

I can get into most Morrisons with my Landrover :wink:

Not all fuelcard users are hgv’s they also cater for vans :sunglasses: :sunglasses: