Fuel cap robbed

I parked overnight at Birchanger services on the M11 last Sunday night and woke up on Monday to find my fuel cap had gone when I did my morning checks. I jumped back in the cab and checked the guage to find no fuel missing. I know the cap was there when I parked up.

I can’t help but think that it was a fellow truck driver that took it to replace one they’ve had nicked. Anyone else had this happen to them?

No such thing as a fellow truck driver any more mate, I doubt there ever was. Some good individuals, some not so good. Same as any other part of life.

I wouldn’t be looking around the car park for the culprit… :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

It boils my ■■■■ to think that another driver had the balls to steel from me like this.

Yeah but what can you do? Was it locked? If so you can’t be expected to do much more. I’d be more worried about diesel spilling onto the road if they hadn’t managed to steal it. You did your checks and spotted it, so good on you.

You’re the good guy here, so have a pint and forget about it. :smiley:

It happens in our own yard,washer bottle caps and when we first had them,the ad-blue caps.
You’ve almost got to feel your nuts in the morning to see if they’re still there.

ShropsBri:
It happens in our own yard,washer bottle caps and when we first had them,the ad-blue caps.
You’ve almost got to feel your nuts in the morning to see if they’re still there.

Are your nuts not fitted with yellow plastic pointy things that grasp them tightly? :laughing: :laughing:

Paul Gloria Meadows:
It boils my ■■■■ to think that another driver had the balls to steel from me like this.

May have been the Northern Indians who got disturbed

Paul Gloria Meadows:

I would have said the same thing about 10 years ago, but not now.
It’s mostly “Dog Eat Dog” and “■■■■ you Jack, I’m alright” in this game at the moment.

Andy smg:
It’s mostly “Dog Eat Dog” and “[zb] you Jack, I’m alright” in this game at the moment.

Been a lot of this crap lately, welcome to Civvy Street!
MIS? Somebody remind me what that is… :cry:

Happydaze:

ShropsBri:

Are your nuts not fitted with yellow plastic pointy things that grasp them tightly? :laughing: :laughing:

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: Ooooo,brings a tear to me eye it does :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I had it last year and scania wanted £30 for a non locking one, so I got the parts manager name and found out he went home at 1900 so I went in at 2000 and blah one claiming he left one out for me. :smiling_imp:

Had one go at Shepshed while I was actually fuelling up, had nipped for a leak came back and truck next to me had gone, along with my filler cap and even my gloves. :imp:

i had a nice little collection of fuel and ad blue caps i picked up off the shoulder whilst working in the roadworks on the M25, (magpie mode that could be useful) :blush:
always double check before you leave the fuel station guys.