Fucking bridges

same as Harrietsham bridge. It’s been changed from 15’ 6" to 15’ 3" but the road hasn’t been altered. it’s to stop tall trailers going through the village. we now have to go to Ashford. Mind you it has been hit a few times, but just adds extra costs onto the hauliers. tax tax tax

DADDY LONGLEGS:
same as Harrietsham bridge. It’s been changed from 15’ 6" to 15’ 3" but the road hasn’t been altered. it’s to stop tall trailers going through the village. we now have to go to Ashford. Mind you it has been hit a few times, but just adds extra costs onto the hauliers. tax tax tax

Nothing to do with stopping trucks going PAST Harrietsham , read my post about 5 back

Traffic on the A20 doesn’t go through Harrietsham village, it bypasses it and has done so since the 1930s. The height marking has been reduced by three inches because of longer trailers which may foul as has been said previously. Other similar bridges have been remarked too.

waynedl:

cliffton 27:
ok so i tipped my box in leicester after a couple of hrs i get told to reload in buxton at a firm called lehoist a limestone quarry place
anyhow as soon as i get the address i punch it in the my sat nav and the works one the check out the best route and with it being out in the sticks i get the map out and find a low bridge on the rd (14.3) im 14.6 so i double checked the route n worked out how to get around it after about 12 mile of very tight s bends single lanes and sliding between cars n pubs i finally arrive on the weigh bridge to be told id ■■■■ the bridge everything goes that way
sure enough he was right i slid right under without a problem so why state a bridge is lower than the proper height especially out on the country and the other was was clearly not suitible for trucks boils my ■■■■ it does

Everything DOES go under that bridge, but that’s because the things that normally go in there are tankers or standard containers, not high cubes.
You sure you had a high cube on? I’ve never known a high cube to be sent there.

But, I’ve done what you’ve done, 1st time I went, didn’t change my sat nav and went for the tourist route, didn’t find it bad though.

That job is the 1 that cost me my job at Turners … well, kinda. I was sent there for an 8am collection, back to freightliner in T. Park to swap box for a 10am delivery in halifax :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

without a doubt mate defo a cube

redbob:
Personally i’d have took the round trip over the risk of believing someone who operates a weigh bridge but that’s just me.

+1