Fuck me they now want us too be firemen

dozy:
Turned up too work too be presented with a few items they now want putting in cab , one being a fire extinguisher :exclamation: :unamused: what do I want that for :question: , fairly obvious if truck catches on fire it will help you extinguish it :unamused: , I’m a bloody driver not a fireman :unamused: , you keep the bloody thing and I’ll ring up fire brigade / you from a safe distance away :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: you’re not even prepared too try and put the fire out :question: , no it’s not my job and I’m not putting my health and safety at risk for a scabby old daf :exclamation: .
how much training do firemen do too do there job :question: , yet they expect too chuck us a fire extingusher and put the fire out with no training , jobs gone too bloody pot :unamused: :smiling_imp:

youtube.com/watch?v=NIliGiZFEM0

It’s a legal requirement to carry a fire extinguisher in other eu countries same goes for spare bulbs,and fist aid kits plus other things

When you consider the stupidity of many drivers like hitting low bridges or following sat navs down unsuitable roads, would you trust the same to fight a fire, or administer first aid?

If ever your where unfortunate to have a fire in your family car with your family in it,would you be saying “its not my job i`m a car driver not a bloody fireman” NO so why take that sort of attitude at work because its not your vehicle,all the Company is doing is preparing for the eventuality.

bubsy06:
How often are lorry drivers first on the scene? I have been the first driver at 2 major crashes in my 7 years driving. First aid should be compulsory cpc training, fire extinguisher and defibrillator shud be in every cab.

Am i right in thinking you used to be on the timber? We have to have first aid card now and carry a decent first aid kit. Some sites check your card up here, mostly wind farms. I think its handy, plus we get it as part of cpc, so it saves 7 hours of the usual crap we get to listen to. We also have to have a fire extinquisher in the cab.

It’s hardly a massive issue. Most trucks have them in as standard anyway these days. I’m sure you’d moan about something even if you was a ■■■■ star for a living. You like playing the victim dozy. I’ve worked with people like you all my adult life :unamused:

regarding you dozy, i think you should hang up your keys and get yourself a paper round or something. Maybe do a couple of mornings a week in the local charity shop. not really sure you like driving for a living. I mean think about it, you couldn’t even handle the worlds easiest job…stobart chilled. fridge work ffs, how much of a balloon do you have to be to screw that up. We all thought you’d love your new job, but within minutes of starting, you had a melt down because you were told to wash the wagon by your mate/boss. Now you are having a hairy canary about carrying a fire extinguisher. A fire extinguisher?

Christ almighty I can’t believe i’m wasting coffee drinking time actually on you.

But anyway, you think one extinguisher is a problem in your small bubble headed life? I carry in my cab… fire extinguisher, 2x tow straps, 2x heavy duty shackles, large first aid kit, tool box (spanners, adjustables, hammer, screwdrivers, pliers, knife, cable ties, wire, electrical fittings etc…), spare hydraulic pipes (10 at last count of various sizes and fittings), full ppe, washing water, week supply of drinking water, week supply of food, 20l of adblu, at least one oil spill kit, grease gun, grease cartridges, air line for inflating tyres, spare suzies and electrical lead…

On the plus side, I very rarely wash the bloody wagon.

OVLOV JAY:
It’s hardly a massive issue. Most trucks have them in as standard anyway these days. I’m sure you’d moan about something even if you was a ■■■■ star for a living. You like playing the victim dozy. I’ve worked with people like you all my adult life :unamused:

are you a helper for folk with special needs? :wink:

happysack:

OVLOV JAY:

No, I just work there :stuck_out_tongue:

Holy ■■■■ happysack thats alot of stuff just murder someone :stuck_out_tongue: do you have shovel to bury the body :laughing: :laughing:

happysack:

It’s beginning to sound like Dozy’s / boss mate is :unamused:

Soon to be an ex mate as the honeymoon period is coming to an end.

In the end there’s those of us who will be able to handle a crisis those of us who will run away and call for help and those that will try and help but turn a minor crisis into a ■■■■■■■■■■■ of epic proportions.

Course no one expects you to stick around if your trucks going up as there’s not much your little weapon could do to quell the flames but for minor mishaps and potential fire situations I can envisage how an in cab extinguisher would be useful.

Plus it’s not your truck so just do as your told… :wink:

cant see a problem with a fire extinquisher tbh , I carry 2 at the employers request, 1 in cab, small just in case of electrical or similar in cab, then a bigger one carried on back of unit… I,m pretty comfortable in using them if the needs be, but end of the day you dont have too…

1 st aid though, i am trained but I would really only use for family ect, I,m not competant or comfortable enough to do 1st aid on other people. I have been on the scene of road accidents with my wife, where some 1st aider glory hunter as tried to help but is doing more damage then good, and in 1 case tried to pull my wife away from treating a casualty, the fact my wife was an A+E nurse and now a physio was second to having done a few days first aid course…

either of the above though is not compulsory to use…

Dipper_Dave:
Course no one expects you to stick around if your trucks going up as there’s not much your little weapon could do to quell the flames but for minor mishaps and potential fire situations I can envisage how an in cab extinguisher would be useful.
:wink:

True enough. All you need is a little common sense to differentiate between a minor mishap and something requiring a set of running shoes…Oh…

Franglais:

Dipper_Dave:
:wink:

True enough. All you need is a little common sense to differentiate between a minor mishap and something requiring a set of running shoes…Oh…

:grimacing: :grimacing:

Franglais:
All you need is a little common sense.

That’s the OP screwed then! :laughing:

Evil8Beezle:

Franglais:

By the time he found out how to work it it would be a waste of his time.
I have fixed the spelling mistake for the nodding donkey.

I hear that women are attracted to Trumpton, so Doze when you get the long hose out, they will be impressed how far you can squirt .
But on a serious tone, if your lorry is on fire when you are asleep in it, I am sure fellow drivers would use their extinguishers on your lorry .

Colin_scottish:

Evil8Beezle:

Franglais:

By the time he found out how to work it it would be a watse of his time.

Watse is a watse?

Everyone is being rather unpleasant towards Dozy and as of yet we don’t know how big this extinguisher is or where his boss had told him to insert it.