FTA or RHA

We have been considering joining either the RHA or FTA for about 6 months now but can’t decide which would be more beneficial for us.

Do you have any opinions on either of them?

is your company one of the biggest in the country?

does your company have money to burn?

does your company like paying for services that they will not receive?

if the answer to any of the above questions is NO, then, neither of them are worth joining :wink:

shuttlespanker:

if the answer to any of the above questions is NO, then, neither of them are worth joining :wink:

sounds a bit like FIFA :grimacing:

If your set on joining one or the other then it’s the Rha .

nick2008:

shuttlespanker:

sounds a bit like FIFA :grimacing:

even FIFA are not that corrupt :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Definitely the RHA.

Every month they will send you a magazine with photos of fat suit-wearing snout-troughers stuffing their fat faces full of food at a banquet at Mansion House with David Cameron after discussing how to force rates and wage costs even further down using yet more imported labour.

What haulier could possibly live without it? Where do I sign up? :stuck_out_tongue:

Harry Monk:
Definitely the RHA.

Every month they will send you a magazine with photos of fat suit-wearing snout-troughers stuffing their fat faces full of food at a banquet at Mansion House with David Cameron after discussing how to force rates and wage costs even further down using yet more imported labour.

What haulier could possibly live without it? Where do I sign up? :stuck_out_tongue:

I don’t understand why operators are so against the RHA. We operate one artic and have been members for over 20 years. There are numerous benefits of membership which I have listed on previous posts. You are either just a haulier or a professional haulier!!!

I have been members of both, and it seems to me a large transport company or own account operator = FTA.
Smaller haulier = RHA.

The RHA are very good at giving advice if you’re not sure about the finer details of operating vehicles or regulations you haven’t had dealings with before.

Thanks for your feedback everyone. I’m not too concerned with the advice and guidance as I feel we have everything sorted and we have a good working relationship with the guys who analyse our tachos.

The powers that be have said they think it will look better when we go for new contracts so if we are going to do it I just want to get the most out of it.

Thanks again

I agree with a lot of the posts above but if you want to join one just for the logo and image I would work on the principal that FTA are more for restricted licence holders who carry their own goods (freight) whereas RHA are about haulage.

So if you are a haulier - RHA

If you run your own trucks and do your own things - FTA.

I got this idea from the FTA. I was a member as a haulier, at a briefing day I was asking lots of questions and the FTA rep said they aren’t used to these kind of questions because most of their members aren’t hauliers ?!?!?!?! :unamused:

Having then sampled the RHA they are no better but they did seem to understand the industry a bit better

Neither will put wrk your way or get discounts on fuel,trucks,insurance etc.so save your money and don,t bother. :slight_smile:

nyk473l:
I don’t understand why operators are so against the RHA. We operate one artic and have been members for over 20 years. There are numerous benefits of membership which I have listed on previous posts. You are either just a haulier or a professional haulier!!!

Where were the RHA when we watched the continental transport industry wither and then completely die?

Both just parasite extra layers of skimmers skimming that this country has far too many of.

Own Account Driver:
Both just parasite extra layers of skimmers skimming that this country has far too many of.

Most of those skimmers and scammers sorry directors of the RHA/FTA are also directors of some of the biggest hauliers in this country!