Front Grill Release on Merc

been given a merc to drive for a few months due to being given a 3 month contract with the firm i subby for :smiley:

it’s an 08 axor 1843,not had a lot of experience with mercs,about the only wagon i’ve not driven.seems ok so far,reasonably comfy,plenty of storage for a night out or 2,nice auto box.however,i’m damned if i can found how to release the front grill to check water etc,none of the lads i work with have driven a merc & the handbook is missing so can’t even look at that to see how to open it.so,could someone tell me how to you open the bloody grill :laughing: :blush:
also any other advice/info you might have that,i might find useful on this model of truck

cheers

John

On the actros there are 2 switches sticking out of the grill on either side, just move them to the right

im fairly sure that its spring loaded and you just stand in the middle and give the bottom a sharp tug and it pops out of the clips that hold it in each side at the bottom of the grille and there are one or two hydraulic type arms that hold it up and when you shut it just make sure its snapped back in both sides.

cheers lads,i’ll try both of them tomorrow

calebs gramps:
im fairly sure that its spring loaded and you just stand in the middle and give the bottom a sharp tug and it pops out of the clips that hold it in each side at the bottom of the grille and there are one or two hydraulic type arms that hold it up and when you shut it just make sure its snapped back in both sides.

Correct

Fitters job to lift the grill aint it? lol

LASHHGV:
On the actros there are 2 switches sticking out of the grill on either side, just move them to the right

theres 2 switches and i think one is operated by a plastic lever beside the steering coloum in the cab

I looked at one of ours today and its almost right what i said.
Its just the whole grill doesnt lift up ,its just the painted panel above it.
But it does just pull up,clipped in both ends.

cheers for the replys,i had another go this morning but still couldn’t suss it,i stopped a guy at a truck stop i was at this afternoon & got him to show me. :blush: :blush:
i was trying to pull the whole bloody grill,not the little white bit at the top DOH!!! lol

but at least i now know hopw to get the little white grill up on a merc :laughing:

jrl driver:
cheers for the replys,i had another go this morning but still couldn’t suss it,i stopped a guy at a truck stop i was at this afternoon & got him to show me. :blush: :blush:
i was trying to pull the whole bloody grill,not the little white bit at the top DOH!!! lol

but at least i now know hopw to get the little white grill up on a merc :laughing:

lol,yeah,i was trying to do the same this morning ,then i realised it was only the top bit that opened,it was my old 55 plate Daf 85 that the whole lot opened up the same :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: