Front Fog Lights, WHY?

I can’t believe the amount of so called professional drivers that are running at night with there front fog lights on! On single carriageway’s I find them quiet dazzling compared to normal headlights and I’m guessing it’s due to them not needing to be aligned correctly like headlights?
I don’t understand why so many are using them when there’s no fog!!! I’ve tried using my own on a deserted bit of road at night to see if it makes any difference to how much of the road you can see and the improvement is not worth having them on for and potentially causing an accident due to dazzling an oncoming vehicle’s driver!
I usually hate police issuing tickets to the poor motorist for anything but I really do wish the police would have a crack down on these morons and start pulling them all and issuing FPN’s for it! I understand most of the car drivers are too stupid to know what fog lights are actually for but I would of thought LGV drivers would :unamused:

Yawn… :unamused:

It doesn’t matter how illegal and dangerous it is, the more lights you have on, the cooler you look.

because it looks cool,[well on a scania anyway],

Yeah… I think I already covered that. Thanks for coming though ady1.

londonerupnorth:
I can’t believe the amount of so called professional drivers that are running at night with…

Top posting, shoe horning that phrase in. Well done, but if only you could have somehow linked the use of the lights to children or loved ones it would have been a contender for Post of the Day. I know you mentioned a potential accident but it’s not the same as bringing children or loved ones into it. :wink:

Cool in a scania your having a laugh mate

Where did the idea come from that they look cool? and why are rear fog lights not cool?

I now drive a left hand drive vehicle with headlights that are set up for driving on the right. I find the old front foggies a great help to me.

And I don’t use beam benders or whatever there called! (how do you do the shock emoticon in tapatalk?)

So if you see a bright orange TNT left hand drive Volvo FH with the fog lights on it will be me! I am still learning in it do it’s best I have them in before I am mentioned on Sally traffic :slight_smile:

SmashedCrabFace:

nearly,scania/fog lights--------roast beef/yorkshire pudd ,you cant have one with out the other,you missed scania out

jimboy124:
I now drive a left hand drive vehicle with headlights that are set up for driving on the right. I find the old front foggies a great help to me.

And I don’t use beam benders or whatever there called! (how do you do the shock emoticon in tapatalk?)

So if you see a bright orange TNT left hand drive Volvo FH with the fog lights on it will be me! I am still learning in it do it’s best I have them in before I am mentioned on Sally traffic :slight_smile:

:open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Just another example of why the foreign drivers are preferred to us by so many companies. They obviously have a higher skill level because you don’t tend to see them driving around in their left hookers, with the lights set up for driving on the right, with the front fogs blazing.

Posted via Tapatalk and using the shock smiley.

bubsy06:
Where did the idea come from that they look cool? and why are rear fog lights not cool?

if you need to ask why a scania with fog lights on is cool,sorry mate theres no hope for you[,may i suggest volvo,merc etc,leave the scanias to the real deals :wink:

ady1:

SmashedCrabFace:

nearly,scania/fog lights--------roast beef/yorkshire pudd ,you cant have one with out the other,you missed scania out

You’re wrong. I had a Yorkshire pudding on its own only three days ago. I was hungry and there was nothing else to eat.

ady1:

SmashedCrabFace:

I disagree ady. I see plenty of Scanias being driven without fog lights on and Yorkshire Pudding with onion gravy, and possibly a sausage or two, is a fine meal so it is possible to have one without the other.

ady1:

The trouble is it does not look cool, it looks like an unprofessional and stupid driver and that’s not really the image we should be showing :unamused:

SmashedCrabFace:

ady1:

SmashedCrabFace:

You’re wrong. I had a Yorkshire pudding on its own only three days ago. I was hungry and there was nothing else to eat.

my mum[god bless her] would turn in here grave knowing that :frowning: ,beef-yorkies/pork-apple sauce/lamb-mint sauce],if she didnt have both she wouldnt serve one on its own,made the g.f go back down town last week as she tried to serve me lamb without mint sauce :unamused: ,

londonerupnorth:

ady1:

The trouble is it does not look cool, it looks like an unprofessional and stupid driver and that’s not really the image we should be showing :unamused:

some of us can carry it off,some cant[nb havent got any on my present scanias,fills like im driving naked].

londonerupnorth:

ady1:

Does the above not apply to scania drivers without fog lights on too? Cool in a scania your wasted in a truck Ady you should be on stage!!!

londonerupnorth:
so called professional drivers:

londonerupnorth:
unprofessional and stupid driver

Would Mr Holic please come to the forum. It’s almost game, set and match!

Coffeeholic:

londonerupnorth:
I can’t believe the amount of so called professional drivers that are running at night with…

Top posting, shoe horning that phrase in. Well done, but if only you could have somehow linked the use of the lights to children or loved ones it would have been a contender for Post of the Day. I know you mentioned a potential accident but it’s not the same as bringing children or loved ones into it. :wink:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: