Front Facing Camera, Quick Question

A quick question for users of front facing cameras,
Which is the best position to mount them on the windscreen? At the top like in a car and angled down a bit more, or at the bottom of the screen.
Im thinking the top would stay cleaner, but thinking the picture might be a bit funny. Its a blackvue, and DAF cf.
What do you all think?
Thanks in advance.

whaat av you got ocd or somethin just use your nouse will ya

The cameras on our fleet (DAF cf included) are fitted at the top of the screen as central as possible while avoiding the front mirror, just inside the sweep of the wipers. Think about the most vulnerable position from paperwork, gloves and assorted dashboard debris it has to be the top.

If I was you I’d be learning how to write a readable sentence before I started telling someone to use their ‘nouse’! :unamused:

terratology:
If I was you I’d be learning how to write a readable sentence before I started telling someone to use their ‘nouse’! :unamused:

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I am in DHL/NHS Supply chain and all of our ones are mounted in the centre at the top of the windscreen , just make sure that the wipers wipe the screen clear where its mounted as some of ours seem to loose tension on the screen at the top causing them to leave streaks where the camera has to see .

Wherever you mount it, make sure it doesn’t enter the swept area by more than 40mm.

Our crash cams are in the little arc in the lower middle of the screen, even though it gets cruddy the video is still legible. I have my smart phone mounted up high & nr middle, and that sits in the V, again the video is still okay when the screen gets cruddy. Up high you’ll need to point it down a bit more and the horizon will be about 3/4 of the way up the vid, but it shouldn’t get as much sun as down low (keeps it’s temp down).

This is a vid of mine down low, iirc just in front of the binnacle:

and up high, right of centre: