From S500 to this

So had this a few weeks now and it’s OK. It’s nothing like the S500 which had pretty much every toy you could think of but now I’ve got my head around it actually it’s not bad.

I was worried about ride quality as I’ve seen a lot of comments about ride quality on the Merc but again it’s not bad at all and inside it’s a bit more than fleet spec (but not top spec). The mirrorcam was the biggest change but now I’ve got used to them I think they’re great.

No real point to this thread, I’m just sat in Gretna services bored :laughing:

Edit: Not a clue how to rotate images, sorry.

toonsy:
01So had this a few weeks now and it’s OK. It’s nothing like the S500 which had pretty much every toy you could think of but now I’ve got my head around it actually it’s not bad.

Yeah right! Keep trying to convince yourself as you mourn the loss of your S500 :laughing: . That is brutal and I would have handed my notice in at such an insult, unless they’d doubled my money as compensation, then I might have considered it for 10 seconds before walking away.

DCPCFML:

toonsy:
01So had this a few weeks now and it’s OK. It’s nothing like the S500 which had pretty much every toy you could think of but now I’ve got my head around it actually it’s not bad.

Yeah right! Keep trying to convince yourself as you mourn the loss of your S500 [emoji38] . That is brutal and I would have handed my notice in at such an insult, unless they’d doubled my money as compensation, then I might have considered it for 10 seconds before walking away.

Says it all.
Prepared to do a job.
And do it for half the money if it’s a pretty truck.

toonsy:

I was worried about ride quality as I’ve seen a lot of comments about ride quality on the Merc but again it’s not bad at all and inside it’s a bit more than fleet spec (but not top spec). The mirrorcam was the biggest change but now I’ve got used to them I think they’re great.

Is it me or are drivers getting younger these days

DCPCFML:

toonsy:

Yeah right! Keep trying to convince yourself as you mourn the loss of your S500 :laughing: . That is brutal and I would have handed my notice in at such an insult, unless they’d doubled my money as compensation, then I might have considered it for 10 seconds before walking away.

Genuinely at first I hated it. Everything about it. But in light of the fact I haven’t bought it and don’t supply the trucks I’ve no option other than to give it a go.

And honestly I really don’t mind it. It’s comfortable, I actually prefer the bed and I get 13-14mpg out of it so less time spent fuelling up.

Uncleskid:

toonsy:

Is it me or are drivers getting younger these days

Didn’t even see him there!

Never know he might follow in my footsteps like I did with my old man.

Hopefully not like but still :laughing:

DCPCFML:

Small haulier’s dream right there fellas, our resident racist is someone who is prepared to work for minimum wage if they’re given a blinged up Scanny V8.

Funny how two of resident frother lefties manage to see words that aren’t even there and then come up with their own ridiculous interpretations. According to them, wanting double (already above average) money to drive a Merc means that I would drive a blinged up Scania V8 for minimum wage. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :confused: :confused: :confused:

And people keep having a pop at me for repeatedly saying most drivers are thick as [zb]. There’s your evidence right there, but neither of the usernames should come as any surprise. What a pair of trombones.

Conor Turton:
Small haulier’s dream right there fellas, our resident racist is someone who is prepared to work for minimum wage if they’re given a blinged up Scanny V8.

Franglais:
Says it all.
Prepared to do a job.

DCPCFML:
Funny how two of resident frother lefties manage to see words that aren’t even there and then come up with their own ridiculous interpretations. According to them, wanting double (already above average) money to drive a Merc means that I would drive a blinged up Scania V8 for minimum wage. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :confused: :confused: :confused:

And people keep having a pop at me for repeatedly saying most drivers are thick as [zb]. There’s your evidence right there, but neither of the usernames should come as any surprise. What a pair of trombones.

Conor Turton:

Franglais:
Says it all.
Prepared to do a job.

At least they don’t keep changing their usernames every time they wear one out Rob, or is it Mick?

Another one dreaming up [zb] from an overactive imagination :smiley: .
edit. can’t be arsed.

Old

So had this a few weeks now and it’s OK. It’s nothing like the S500 which had pretty much every toy you could think of but now I’ve got my head around it actually it’s not bad.

I’ve had to drive a selection of, admittedly old and beyond repair, craptroses, for the last two years, and two weeks ago
, doing a cheeky agency job (#£19.00ph #getin) , got to drive a Scania new gen. I was suddenly reminded what an absolute puddle of cat sick the craptros is…

As for bed, there can be only one. The bed in the DAF is the best. :grimacing:

the nodding donkey:

Old

I’ve had to drive a selection of, admittedly old and beyond repair, craptroses, for the last two years, and two weeks ago
, doing a cheeky agency job (#£19.00ph #getin) , got to drive a Scania new gen. I was suddenly reminded what an absolute puddle of cat sick the craptros is…

As for bed, there can be only one. The bed in the DAF is the best. :grimacing:

A couple of years ago I took a Scania out for a local day run while my Actros was getting it’s first MOT.
If it had been a bit cleaner I would have gladly swapped that 10 year old motor for my year old pile of ■■■■.

Best truck bed?..The old over the windscreen bunk in the older Scanias…second to none in terms of sleeping in a ‘tin box’. :smiley: