From Italy to UK!

dieseldave:

max_truzzi_ita_79:

weewulliewinkie:
vivi lontano da milano, ho fornire parti de computer de IBM de Basiano, e tutto bene :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Vivo a 20+ km (poco più di 15 miglia) a nord di Milano. Scusa ma non capisco il resto della frase: " ho fornito parti di computer per la IBM ■■"
sei venuto di recente in Italia?hai dei parenti qui? [ did you came here recently? do you have any relatives here? ]

Hi Max,

Maybe ‘parti’ = ricambi ■■ :wink:

yes, parti = ricambi i know…it’s the rest of the phrase that i didn’t understand :slight_smile:

limeyphil:
Stay in Italy, It’s a lovely country. I could never get sick of it.
Get your C+E. That way you have the choice of working for an English, Irish, or Italian company doing round trip work.
It could work out well for you. The English lads would help you out with the drops over here, and your knowledge of Italy would help them out too.
With a C+E and Your language skills, You’ll be at the top of the list for a job.

Good luck, and keep posting. It’ll help with your written English skills, ask Orys.

eh…stay in Italy it’s not that so good. It’s fantastic for a holiday but not to live here! The food is ok, or rather i have to say WAS good…(we import everything!). the climate it’s ok except on summer (near 40C° !! :imp: ). The italians are usually so impolite (did you ever tried to drive here?) and the job is gone…you can’t find any job here, ANY ! when you find one they pay very few money, and i’m 33 years old then, because of “crisis” they’re looking for 20 to 30 years old only (because they can do an “apprendiceship” contract). with the lorry, if you found that kind of job, they pay you for the day NOT for the hours you made, then, they try to “make you do” (sorry for my english) more and more deliveries and you always make your license at risk (and the life of other drivers). I hope you will pay attention about your situation that is so similar to ours some times ago.

This post is so obviously a wind up. Just look at when he lapses into perfect English, yet at the start says his English is not very good.

GBPub:
This post is so obviously a wind up. Just look at when he lapses into perfect English, yet at the start says his English is not very good.

Sorry, what’s wind-up? :open_mouth: Anyway i’m sure that my english is not so good. I’m sorry i’m just keep on training it but it’s very difficult for me.

Try Gamco International Transport in Milan, they go to the UK and Portugal with weekly groupage loads,they are at Gernusco de Naviglio, their UK partner is Secure Assured Cargo ltd based in Yate near Bristol, they may have some leads and job contacts for you.
They use owner drivers that you could go as a passenger with them to see how the job is done.
DSV in Avonmouth near Bristol has an Italian department, along with Davies Turner in the same town.
There may be a warehouse job there, i am not too sure.

toby1234abc:
Try Gamco International Transport in Milan, they go to the UK and Portugal with weekly groupage loads,they are at Gernusco de Naviglio, their UK partner is Secure Assured Cargo ltd based in Yate near Bristol, they may have some leads and job contacts for you.
They use owner drivers that you could go as a passenger with them to see how the job is done.
DSV in Avonmouth near Bristol has an Italian department, along with Davies Turner in the same town.
There may be a warehouse job there, i am not too sure.

Thank you toby !!! :smiley:

I know Secure Cargo and Gamco very well, they are both very friendly and approachable firms, the Gamco office was a short walk to the tube/train station to the centre of Milano, at the Autogrill cafe in the afternoon you can eat snacks for free as long as you bought a drink at their happy hour by the Duemo cathedral.
Maybe you could apply to Secure for a job as a traffic planner or a manager, you could email them your intentions in the UK.
Ryan air and Easy jet are the cheapest flights or a long coach ride with Eurolines, drive all night, two drivers non stop service.
The airport is about 20 kms south of Bristol, the airport bus is a about £ 7 one way to the city centre, all night service.
In Bath and Bristol there is cheap hostels or the YMCA hostels, or the camping site near Bath.

fredthered:
Rather be unemployed and homeless in the sun frankly. If I was your age I’d be looking to get out of here not trying to get in!

HTH.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

max_truzzi_ita_79:

weewulliewinkie:
if you live north of milan you must be near monza and vimercate where the other IBM factory is, capito ? :smiley:

not really near…i live in Cerro Maggiore (MI) you could find it on google (20km going up to the A8 como /varese , varese direction). :wink: i’m sorry that now you work less…T_T. anyway next time you come here we could take a coffe … a real italian coffe XD

i like caffe grappa but too many make my head hurt, or a bene bottiglia di vino casa sarebbe excellente !!! :stuck_out_tongue:

weewulliewinkie:

max_truzzi_ita_79:

weewulliewinkie:
if you live north of milan you must be near monza and vimercate where the other IBM factory is, capito ? :smiley:

not really near…i live in Cerro Maggiore (MI) you could find it on google (20km going up to the A8 como /varese , varese direction). :wink: i’m sorry that now you work less…T_T. anyway next time you come here we could take a coffe … a real italian coffe XD

i like caffe grappa but too many make my head hurt, or a bene bottiglia di vino casa sarebbe excellente !!! :stuck_out_tongue:

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

You must be mad Italys much better than the uk especially with regards to work.
I personally am at my happiest in Italy common sense still prevails over the dreaded health and safety mentality

If you do come to the Uk
When Pranzo comes around you wont be looking for a ristorante with table clothes and waitress service. You’ll be looking at a greasy spoon with plastic picnic tables andyou can sit amongst your flourescent piers with the ear pieces in silence on
seperate tables which to be fair is better otherwise you might hear about how many pallets yourflourescent freind has tipped that morning
I could go on but…hey.

They do say variety is the spice of life but personally id stick with what you know

Ps Do you know any frms looking for subbies for Milano- sud Italia- Milano

I think if it was me I’d be looking at working in Switzerland before bothering with uk because they’ve opened their labour market to EU workers just the same as the EU states.There’s loads of transport companies based in Ticino. :bulb:

460MC:
You must be mad Italys much better than the uk especially with regards to work.
I personally am at my happiest in Italy common sense still prevails over the dreaded health and safety mentality

If you do come to the Uk
When Pranzo comes around you wont be looking for a ristorante with table clothes and waitress service. You’ll be looking at a greasy spoon with plastic picnic tables andyou can sit amongst your flourescent piers with the ear pieces in silence on
seperate tables which to be fair is better otherwise you might hear about how many pallets yourflourescent freind has tipped that morning
I could go on but…hey.

They do say variety is the spice of life but personally id stick with what you know

Ps Do you know any frms looking for subbies for Milano- sud Italia- Milano

^ This and the weather and the scenery. :bulb: :smiley:

Don`t want the wops over here as well…They only know one gear…Reverse!

att:
Don`t want the wops over here as well…They only know one gear…Reverse!

Ahahahah Thank you for the “wops” :slight_smile: i’m just trying to escape from them. But it’s OK ! there’s no way to go out of here, neither to go swiss. I’ll find a new way to go england. I repeat… it’s not my fault if i’m still loving england. Best regards people :wink:

Silver_Surfer:
And that’s before the bulgos, Romanians and probably the Turks come over and we start getting paid in happy meals.

Whats wrong with happy meals I like the toys you get :grimacing:

nick2008:

Silver_Surfer:
And that’s before the bulgos, Romanians and probably the Turks come over and we start getting paid in happy meals.

Whats wrong with happy meals I like the toys you get :grimacing:

Do not think, Turkey gonna be in the EU within the next ten years… Romaninas already here, I can see them day by day.