FROG & TOAD

Birmingham City Council are putting up road signs to warn drivers they are approaching “danger spots” where frogs & toads are liable to be crossing… they are asking motorists to slow down and be prepared to stop if they see one in the road…

so if you’re unfortunate enough to have to visit brum in the coming weeks, be aware that the number of idiot drivers practising random emergency stops is liable to increase !!!

i nearly squashed a coffin dodger on the a41 near weston park last week who slammed on because a pigeon was crossing the road

vernonbish777:
i nearly squashed a coffin dodger on the a41 near weston park last week who slammed on because a pigeon was crossing the road

it’s usually pheasants that the plonkers stop for round here :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

its OAP’s around here.

ponies,cattle,grockels,and bloody caravans :imp: luck would have it the two trunk roads are both fenced off?all others dodge as you go.

mark

Are you related to supersmiley, vernon?

:wink:

Roadkill is good keeps the population down, however dont hit anything bigger than your car and steer clear of badgers they are suprisingly well built.

ralliesport:
Roadkill is good keeps the population down, however dont hit anything bigger than your car and steer clear of badgers they are suprisingly well built.

Roadkill is good, especially stewed :laughing:

hit a badger once, hardly felt a thing :wink: probably because I was driving a landrover :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

classic pheasant kill late last autumn , came over the brow of a hill to find a car stopped in the road waiting for a pheasant, as I got about 3 feet away the pheasant crossed the white line onto my side -

Daf 1: Pheasant 0

:wink:

there was a sign up just outside Folkestone on the old B2065 with this on.

Idoits used to dress up in black then run out in the road to ‘rescue’ the toads. The police arrested them.

The idiots recently won funding from various sources and have had toad crossings fitted. Complete waste of money.

Toads and Frogs arent rare, so if i see one in the road i just run over the things, i might swerve for a cat or dog etc if there is room to do it. But if it’s going to risk human life then unfortunatly humans take priority. Got to admit i dont like mowing down defenceless animals but sometimes you have no choice.

dennisw1:
t
, i might swerve for a cat or dog etc if there is room to do it. But if it’s going to risk human life then unfortunatly humans take priority. Got to admit i dont like mowing down defenceless animals but sometimes you have no choice.

I try not to hit things - but I’m not going to cause an accident or injure the livestock on board by sudden braking/ swerving !

right so what animals have people got painted on their cab door?

I’ve had a suicidal cat and a couple of squirells. Wasnt much left of any of them.
The cat ran straight out from under a parked car then under the back wheels of the transit i was driving, wouldn’t have stopped even if i tried.

Karl ; not quire sure how to take that ■■? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

is it because of the strange topic, or…

this little lot caused chaos when the mom decided to cross the A27 at chichester today,got over the first half, but a couple of close shaves getting over the next bit,but made it to the lake,all intact.

People will mow down a person who walks along a motorway, but an animal walks out they all hit the brakes :confused:

I think the reason for the warning signs, is because of the number of frogs and toads which don’t make it all the way across, the road becomes quite slippery. So its like a slippery road sign but you know the reason why its slippery, because the sign tells you. :open_mouth: :smiley:

Thats bloody inconsiderate of the duck hes got wings he should be made to fly across the road.

jammymutt:
Thats bloody inconsiderate of the duck hes got wings he should be made to fly across the road.

Yeah, but then you’ll be moaning that you’ve duck splattered all over your windscreen, oh so inconsiderately of them!!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: