Frightened her to death

decided the time was right to let my girl venture out on the road learning to drive, been going round the local car parks etc and she was doing o.k but you can only learn so much and you eventually need to get on the road.
she was a bit apprehensive about it but we finally got going on a nice big wide stretch of road and she was doing o.k until the knob in the white premium decided to overtake with about 4 inches between us and him, frightened her half to death , i know we wernt chasing down the road and ive no problem with him overtaking but why he needed to nearly take a coat of paint off whilst going by i dont know, hed been behind for a few minutes but id of thought hed remember hed learnt once.
the bit that suprised me when we got going again was how car drivers whod id of thought would be blasting by with no regard for a learner would stay behind at a good distance and not try to pass us until we either got to a dual carriage way or we turned off,

Yep I’m afraid some people do forget what it was like when they were learning :unamused:

Having said that and going slightly off you’re topic it sometimes amazes me just how stupid some instructors are, I live in an area that’s used by examiners for the test so as you would expect we get a lot of learner drivers being brought to the area by instructors, now I don’t have a problem with that but why on earth do they insist on working so close to one another, It’s not uncommon to see two learners practising the three point turn within a short distance of one another sometimes with other learners practising reverse parking again within sight of the others, this kind of thoughtless attitude by instructors leads to impatiens by other drivers.

Personally I’ve always believed in being patient with learner drivers but have to admit that on the odd occasion I’ve lost patients with so many hold-ups in such a short space :blush:

Am I on the truck drivers forum?

TheBear:
Am I on the truck drivers forum?

i think you might find it was a truck that frightened her half to death, truck , truck drivers forum.