Frig.

That’s today scuppered. Narrowboats are swines to bump start :unamused::lol:. Try again tomorrow.

Liberace:
That’s today scuppered. Narrowboats are swines to bump start :unamused::lol:. Try again tomorrow.

Care to elaborate Ian? :confused:

I was supposed to be having a few days out on a boat with a lady friend before I went to my new job next week. Turned up this AM & it wouldn’t start. Fixed for tomorrow. It’s my landlady’s, so I don’t pay for it, I’m not that bother :wink:.

Where is it moored? are you going to go south through Barrow, Mountsorrel and Leicester or north towards Kegworth and the Trent. If go south do not overnight in Leicester unless you go out on the south side, you can have problems with gangs of youth’s, etc and if you come north there are some very nice places to stop overnight on the canal sections, be aware of the railway though if you park up at certain points you are right next to it and will be woken in the early hours by Trains (5am>).

I went down that way about a month ago and stayed in Loughborugh overnight, had a trip on the GCR.

Thanks for the warning CM. We’ll go North and head for Nottingham, that side of the rails :wink:. I’d be trying to find a pub to moor against anyway, and to be honest, I dislike the Leicester side of the tracks anyway :unamused:. It’s only a couple of days, so I doubt we’ll get very far. You know how it is. Pub lunch, liquid refreshment, pub dinner. Entertaining evening :laughing:.

Liberace:
I was supposed to be having a few days out on a boat with a lady friend before I went to my new job next week. Turned up this AM & it wouldn’t start. Fixed for tomorrow. It’s my landlady’s, so I don’t pay for it, I’m not that bother :wink:.

:open_mouth:

I take it you’ve replaced the contents of your wardrobe then, or does she come with her own 4-leg friend and/or strong shades :question: :sunglasses: :laughing: