Frieght Transport Limited

Anyone know anything about this lot from portsmouth.

Thanks in Advance

Their depot is on the “railway triangle” just off the A27
They normally do groupage to France and then return with wine.
Can’t comment on the English side of the company, wages hours etc
They do have drivers that go across and they also send trailers unaccompanied to Caen that are collected by two of their drivers based out their, who are both English and live in France, one of them is a neighbour of mine. he normally picks his trailer up early Monday goes to deliver the export goods then does several collections round vinyards , then returns to Ouistreham midweek, drops the trailer and collects another for the 2nd part of the week. he’s normally back home Friday pm. they also use a couple of English subbies for the unaccompanied trlrs too.
He said that the money is ok but not great and that the office staff never hassle him , when his unit goes back for a service, he normally takes it back with a loaded trailer, they put him up till he’s due to come back to France, again with a loaded trailer ready for delivery as soon as he’s off the ferry.
The units based in France are English reg , left ■■■■■■ Dafs.
If you’re there at the weekend they are parked up inside the port where all the other trailers are.
I did try to get on there, like my mate, but there wasn’t any vacancies.

By the way , how is the weekend going

Are they Chris and Heather Yeomans ex managers with Euro Psl in the port of Pompey and head office at Maldon if so they are nice people.

Chris Yeoman’s name popped up on a thread a while back. He is running half a dozen plain white scanias out of a yard on Burrfields Road. Mostly doing LKW Walter work.

As for Freight Transport Ltd I was on a big rail job outside there yard a few years back. Drivers I spoke to were UK side but it was mostly unaccompanied trailers to France. Groupage out and mostly wine back in. I’ve no idea about money but Portsmouth was never a place to make your millions.

Cheers
Neilf

Kit looks decent, not glory boy decent but decent nonetheless.