fridges

just got offered some decent paying work on fridges so i am looking in to all the costs and it does seem viable ,
the only thing i need to know about is the dates on the top of fridges ? can some one explain them and how do you get the retested ? if thats what you do when the date runs out .
i have done quite a bit of fridge work to and from alicante area but have always rented a fridge so never bothered about the dates as long as they are current , thanks :question: :question:

What is an ATP Certificate?

This is the international standard for the refrigerated transport of perishable produce. Fridge vehicles are tested within two main categories:

FRA for chilled applications to 0C and
FRC for frozen to -20C

Currently, vehicles travelling within the UK are not legally required to have ATP but vehicles crossing European borders without ATP may be heavily fined or forced to transfer their load.
if its only uk work dont worry about it if you planning continental work then make sure you get a new atp certificate when the old one expires otherwise it will cost you
its just like an mot for the body/seals ect on the fridge body.
get a decent/newish fridge and you will be ok.

thanks for that , uk work for summer but going on spanish for winter season so will make sure of certificate
thanks again

Just a note,

the retest is a bit awkward and theres only limited places around which will do it. A few years ago, I had to send a trailer to Hull for the retest & it took 2 full days!

If your going to Spain, make sure its upto date, especially around Vitoria/Burgos/San Sebastian. Those Redcaps can be bloody picky if you catch them in the wrong mood!

I did know a guy who just ‘altered’ the numbers but didnt actually have a Certificate. That cost him a fair bit!