Fridges on passenger seats

Heard that VOSA are now nicking drivers for fridges on passenger seats (mmtm :blush: :unamused: ) not sure which angle they are coming from, either visibility or security I would guess, has anybody else heard of this or does it come under the Driverbullcrap category?

id say it was bollurks , ive got quite a big one on me seat (and i dont mean my arse) held securley with a bungee rope and the arm rest, and i have perfect vision out of the passenger window , so they can get stuffed if it does happen to be true

think you`ll find that comes under said catagory.

the fridge has to be wearing the seatbelt, then its ok :sunglasses:

I got stopped at J16,M6 about a month ago,and nothing was said.

I had a big fridge on my passenger seat held on by the seat belt no vision impaired, got stopped a few times all over europe nothing ever said about it. If in doubt lift up the passenger seat if you can and put it in the foot well

Where else do they expect us to put it? I only do a couple of nights out a week at the moment so my cool box fits in the passenger footwell :slight_smile:

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

So, are they saying you can’t have a fridge on the passenger seat because it impairs vision? I’m sure if you have a passenger sat on the seat it impairs vision a site more that a cool box!

Regards SB

green456:
the fridge has to be wearing the seatbelt, then its ok :sunglasses:

:smiley: and a high-viz, and it must complete 35hours of FCPC training every 4 years. And you need to half fill it with AdBlue to make it hug more trees.

if you got a ticket for it i would challenge it

Just draw a line round it with pink chalk and VOSA can’t touch you. :wink:

Very good Harry