Fridges and nights out

Hi all
can anyone say roughly how long it would take to get used to doing nights out in a refridgerated rigid ■■
I currently do upto 4 in a boxvan without problem

many thanks

about two hours for me, im a heavy sleeper.

just take some ear plugs or listen to some chilling music to relax you before you go to sleep, works wonders for me

Well I suppose how long it would take to get used to it, would vary from person to person, get some foam ear plugs from B&Q, they should help.

yeah as i expected
I have slept beside them without any problem
guess it cant be that much harder eh ■■?

It’s hard at first to get used to sleeping with a fridge motor running behind you,but you get tuned into it after a while,and become used to it.I certainly did.

The hardest part,is when you have the fridge on stop/start,but after a while,you don’t even notice it.

Ken.

Quinny:
It’s hard at first to get used to sleeping with a fridge motor running behind you,but you get tuned into it after a while,and become used to it.I certainly did.

The hardest part,is when you have the fridge on stop/start,but after a while,you don’t even notice it.

Ken.

the hardest part i have found is after a few days sleeping with it on is then sleeping without it there when you get home.

the mrs wasnt too impressed when i asked her to turn the hoover on every ten minutes and let it run for 5 then turn it of! :laughing: :laughing:

Quinny:

Ken.

:open_mouth: Bloody hell, you must be a really heavy sleeper Ken!! I can sleep through it fine if it’s on constant - even thundering away at -20C causes me no problems - but I just can’t do with it on stop/start. I wake up every time it comes on or goes off and it does my fruit in. :angry:

jc69817:
Hi all
can anyone say roughly how long it would take to get used to doing nights out in a refridgerated rigid ■■

many thanks

Just don’t park next to me :slight_smile: i was passing peterborough truck stop last week and thought i’d drop in for a break, and to my supprise there was only one other truck their, so i thought ok i won’t crowd the bloke, and parked in my own seperate corner, in comes mister fridge (maybe it was just the event but seemed to have the loudest fridge ever) and parks not in his own little corner away from the both of us but yes right next to me :exclamation: jumps out of cab and dissapears into service area, what do i do :question: wait till he’s gone and turn fridge off, that’s what, then quietly with some sattifaction go on my merry way :exclamation:

I was parked at The Stockyard the other night and for the first time ever my fridge was empty! Popped in for a bit of tea and a shower, once finished i was looking forward to a great nights sleep with no fridge running! On returning to my unit i was confronted by the worst thing ever…another great big reefer had parked up next to me with it fridge going full belt…just my luck!!
Regards Smokinbarrels :smiley:

What you want is one of them nice quiet electric ones, like I had on a 7.5 tonner, they go very very quiet after a 45 min Break :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: , but then so does everything else on the truck…

Anyone got any jump leads :question: :blush:

The thing that wakes me up is the warning buzzer before they start, mine wasnt a fridge but a generator for the heater, same principle though.

Sleeping wise it doesent bother me, when i did tramping with a fridge usually running right up to my hours and usually was a case of stoping and just crashing out.

More annoying for me is when your awake say after 7 hours sleep then your sitting about for 2 hours with the fridge going and your trying to watch a dvd or read a book, worse when you gotta take 11hour break.

Same even with parking in a layby like on the A14 going to sleep i allways crash out fast doesent bother me. But when i,m awake later the noise of the traffic annoys me.

Mikejk:

jc69817:
Hi all

many thanks

Just don’t park next to me :slight_smile: i was passing peterborough truck stop last week and thought i’d drop in for a break, and to my supprise there was only one other truck their, so i thought ok i won’t crowd the bloke, and parked in my own seperate corner, in comes mister fridge (maybe it was just the event but seemed to have the loudest fridge ever) and parks not in his own little corner away from the both of us but yes right next to me :exclamation: jumps out of cab and dissapears into service area, what do i do :question: wait till he’s gone and turn fridge off, that’s what, then quietly with some sattifaction go on my merry way :exclamation:

I’m not even going to bother making any effort to reply to this other than ■■■■■ like you make me sick.

You’d better hope that TheBear doesn’t read what you’ve wrote otherwise you’ll be wishing you hadn’t wrote it.

When I came off fridges I used to park amongst 'em to get a good nights sleep.

I started on artics, pulling reefers. So it was normal for me to be able to sleep with the fridge running.
Though the time when Asda wakefield CDC was digging up their yard so everyone had to queue up inside the gate, problem was that I was at the front of the queue fast asleep, I awoke to find several irate drivers banging on the cab door urging me to move :blush: :blush:

Mikejk:
…what do i do :question: wait till he’s gone and turn fridge off, that’s what, then quietly with some sattifaction go on my merry way :exclamation:

:unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: Looks like your signature sums you up nicely. :imp: :smiling_imp: :imp: :smiling_imp:

In his signature Mikejk:

There’s only one thing more dangerous than a dumb truck driver,
and that’s a dumb truck driver that’s driving.

Mikejk:
[

Why would you do that and then drive off? You freak!

Shrek:

Mikejk:
[

Why would you do that and then drive off? You freak!

Because he hasn’t got the balls to do it when the driver is there, that’s why. He should be banned from the site for making comments like that imho. The site doesn’t need sly underhand ■■■■■. :angry:

i Applaud you Rob…well said…shame we cant swear on here otherwise the thread will be full of them.
I have done a fair amount of fridge work, and i pull a fridge now, i might add that the majority of fridge drivers are very considerate, and its the majority of other drivers who cause their own problems, by parking next to us, especially on the continent. If however, MSAs were to supply an electric lead, we would use them, no doubt forget about them in the morning, and drive off whilst still plugged in..ha ha. There have been talk on this site about other drivers who have threatened to turn off` other drivers fridge units, do they not realise the amount of damage they can do, and the cost involved of a rejected load, for a lot of companies use a temperature probe, on a lot od loads to make sure the driver hasnt switched his fridge off, let alone another driver.
As for the question of sleeping, its obvious that we all get a better nights sleep, when there is peace and quiet, and i am no different to anyone else, so in winter, if my load will allow, i do in fact switch off.

Last year I was on my way to Germany and I pulled into Rugby for the night. It was late and because Elddis and Irlams had dropped trailers and parked next to them to save a space for their gay mates the place was full.

So I pulled up into the top field and there were a couple of gaps. Because I wasnt in any great rush I drove nose in to a space. Soon after I noticed another truck struggling to get into the gap. I put my lights on and jumped out to watch him in. He got in and the first thing he did was knock on the drivers door next to him and tell him to turn off his fridge.

The fridge driver told him to go away and threatened him with instant death if his fridge was interfered with while he was asleep, in fact he suggested that this gobby driver stays awake and watches his fridge for him. He said if anyone touches it, I will hunt you down and rip off your head :smiley: