fridge

Is management obliged to supply an agency worker with protective gear if it turns out that the job entails working in a fridge trailer at 20 below?

Is he going to be in there long? Or is the back doors open streaming ambient air in while he wheels a few pallets out? Would a pair of decent gloves do or are we talking the whole Eskimo suit really all depends what he’s doing,

I would say either the agency or the agency worker himself should supply the correct gear.

Or use man up :smiley:

Iv seen lads do it in shorts and t-shirts :laughing:

Euro:
Is management obliged to supply an agency worker with protective gear if it turns out that the job entails working in a fridge trailer at 20 below?

I think if you make an issue of it you are unlikely to get any more work from that agency.
I tip frozen every day with the fridge running. I wear normal jacket, wolly hat and gloves. No problem.

Are you british op?

Saaamon:
Are you british op?

Judging by his English I’d bet yes, and well educated too.

bald bloke:
I would say the agency worker himself should supply the correct gear.

Corrected to reflect the reality
As others have stated the OP should MTFU, or don’t do chill/frozen work
The only time it’s ever bothered me is if I have to go inside a chill warehouse (GIST/BOC carlton) and stand there at the back of the trailer for ages while some numbty tips the load.
IF I know in advance that’s going to be the case then ill bring some thermals

Just make sure that the driver is not on the back “helping to unload” when he’s on an hour’s turnaround, and supposed to be on break! :grimacing:

T shirt and gloves, not even the most spoon fed drivers at my place have asked for special clothing, and believe me, we have cornered the market in spoon fed drivers.

Winseer:
Just make sure that the driver is not on the back “helping to unload” when he’s on an hour’s turnaround, and supposed to be on break! :grimacing:

.■■?

Put yer coat on and yer glovies and get in there and get it done.

schrodingers cat:

Saaamon:
Are you british op?

Not educated enough to know he should just get on with the job instead of ■■■■■■■ moaning.

Euro:

Yes.
direct.gov.uk/en/Employment/ … DG_4016683

Personal protective equipment

Your employer must provide personal protective equipment (PPE) to you free of charge. You must use this correctly, and follow the training and instruction you have been given.

Saaamon:

schrodingers cat:

Saaamon:
Are you british op?

Not educated enough to know he should just get on with the job instead of [zb] moaning.

He only asked.

Euro:

Yes. Even in this mild weather if you are using a pump truck to unload from a -20 fridge your fingers will go white and numb after the first 4 pallets.

They insist you wear hi viz and steelys … you must insist on protection for your pinkys

T shirt n shorts, if you feel the chill tip faster :wink:

thermal undies , the last thing you need is a shrunken willy … HTH . :wink: