Fridge work

Maybe I’ve misunderstood your post. You mean that if you fill your fridge with white diesel you’ll be in trouble with your boss. I read it to be that you meant it’d bad for the fridge.

mick.mh2racing:
Maybe I’ve misunderstood your post. You mean that if you fill your fridge with white diesel you’ll be in trouble with your boss. I read it to be that you meant it’d bad for the fridge.

Yup that’s what I meant, they don’t like us using white diesel in the red tanks, but then again we have red on site so no reason for the tank not to be always full prior to starting a shift even if the tossbag before has left it dry.

bald bloke:

nick2008:
Chill should if processed food ie Ham bacon etc should be cont between +2 or +5.

Not necessarily Nick we have ours on start/stop .

That’s your company policy but the food industry guidelines are cont.

bald bloke:

nick2008:
Chill should if processed food ie Ham bacon etc should be cont between +2 or +5.

bald bloke:

nick2008:

bald bloke:

nick2008:

Ok Nick I heard you the first time :smiley:

The simple answer as has been said is always ask question and explain you have never used a fridge before, everywhere may have varying ways they do things, whether it be frozen or chilled or a mixture of frozen and ambient.

None of our drivers have been trained to use fridges and it shows with the amount of fridge trouble we have. Fans iced up, running out of diesel, not monitoring the temps during the day and not defecting the fridges and fiddling with buttons/settings they know nothing about.

bald bloke:
Ok Nick I heard you the first time :smiley:

:blush:
Bloody phones eh
I say bloody phones :grimacing:

I know this is USA
But the basics are the same

xtralease.com/SiteCollection … 0Guide.pdf

if you have the half hour, give this a watch.

youtube.com/watch?v=APWEazKYpi4

i was worried the first time i did fridge work too until i watched this and then i felt comfortable. can always refer to it on your phone if stuck too with no one else around to ask :slight_smile:

If there’s both red/white fuel side by side on site be sure to find out which is which, because it’s all too easy to put red in the truck tank by mistake.

Thanks for all the replies!

Both drops were chilled so no need to alter the temperature or mess about with bulkheads, and re-loaded with plastic packaging afterwards so I’m currently parked up at gordano services with a silent trailer ready to head back to Leeds in the early hours

The TM told me this morning that after I’d done a fridge run I’d never want to go back to curtains, I’m starting to think he was right :wink:

clarky3013:
The TM told me this morning that after I’d done a fridge run I’d never want to go back to curtains, I’m starting to think he was right :wink:

I’m on fridge work and I wouldn’t do anything else, I reckon your TM is right.

nick2008:

bald bloke:

nick2008:

Not just that companies policy. I’ve worked at plenty of others the same.

mick.mh2racing:

clarky3013:

I’m on fridge work and I wouldn’t do anything else, I reckon your TM is right.

+1 on that :sunglasses:

Following on with the subject… I’m looking for some fridge work in Milton Keynes, shifts or tramping but only UK work

Anyone got any suggestions??

If you are delivering chilled or frozen ask at the delivery point if they want the doors open or closed before you back onto the bay, if there is going to be a delay in tipping the temperature might rise out of range if you are sat waiting with the doors open for an extended period of time especially if it is an open bay, they often probe the goods before accepting them and loads out of range can be refused.

TheNewBoy:
Following on with the subject… I’m looking for some fridge work in Milton Keynes, shifts or tramping but only UK work

Anyone got any suggestions??

Culina.

MickyB666:
If you are delivering chilled or frozen ask at the delivery point if they want the doors open or closed before you back onto the bay, if there is going to be a delay in tipping the temperature might rise out of range if you are sat waiting with the doors open for an extended period of time especially if it is an open bay, they often probe the goods before accepting them and loads out of range can be refused.

And that’s where roller doors come in handy :wink: