Fridge work....minimum clothing

Sorry for the possibly dumb question but it has just occured to me as i am going to be delivering frozen stuff its going to be a little nippy in the back with the cages.

obviously i need gloves to manhandle the metal cages around but what else as i usualy drive in a shortsleved t-shirt. what would people recomend and would good old fastioned rigor gloves be good enough

cooper1203:
Sorry for the possibly dumb question but it has just occured to me as i am going to be delivering frozen stuff its going to be a little nippy in the back with the cages.

obviously i need gloves to manhandle the metal cages around but what else as i usualy drive in a shortsleved t-shirt. what would people recomend and would good old fastioned rigor gloves be good enough

Depends on how you feel in the cold. I never used any extra clothing in the freezer compartment. But then again your not in there long enough to usually worry other than being rather nippy in there on a cold day/night. It’s heaven getting stuff out the freezer compartment on a hot day/night.

Gloves and coat/fleece will suffice if your prone to feeling the cold.

I just wear clothing appropriate to the weather outside the back of the trailer and my normal leather gloves. The only difference being if I’m tipping at Lidl or Aldi where I’ll wear a woolly hat due to the length of time I’ll be in the cold.

Get your finger out tipping you won`t feel the cold,but wear a decent pair of gloves.

hey maoster ,would you be wearing leather lederhosen with those gloves… :open_mouth: :laughing:

Yup ^^^ complete with leather ■■■■■■ tassels for those special occasions. :wink:

the maoster:
Yup ^^^ complete with leather ■■■■■■ tassels for those special occasions. :wink:

Is that when Dozy is with you [emoji38][emoji38]

Sent while from gods know where

cooper1203, I’m sure you will work out if you need an extra jumper.

I’m sure you know this, but avoid being wet in the cold, so wear leather gloves and a waterproof if it is raining outside. Rigger gloves seem to absorb water so probably not appropriate if absolutely soaking. You can get leather gloves on ebay for £5 and they will last a while, so a no brainer really.

Noremac:

I’m sure you know this, but avoid being wet in the cold, so wear leather gloves and a waterproof if it is raining outside. Rigger gloves seem to absorb water so probably not appropriate if absolutely soaking. You can get leather gloves on ebay for £5 and they will last a while, so a no brainer really.

As someone said once im up to speedin finding the cages and knowing what im doing im sure it wont be too bad.

I used to work in a chilled enviroment and would always wear a couple of jumpers as i was in there for hours at a time. I have never had to deal with -21 temps though especialy when its +20 outside

cooper1203:

Noremac:

As someone said once im up to speedin finding the cages and knowing what im doing im sure it wont be too bad.

I used to work in a chilled enviroment and would always wear a couple of jumpers as i was in there for hours at a time. I have never had to deal with -21 temps though especialy when its +20 outside

cooper1203, it isn’t really like being in a proper frozen chamber. You would normally switch the fridge off when you are in there and the door would be open. You wouldn’t be in there constantly for any length of time due to taking cages off.

I have been in a frozen chamber in normal clothes and you certainly know about it, but five minutes is no bother. People go swimming in frozen lakes ffs, it wakes you up and invigorates you.

Most of the fridge drivers I have seen wear brown dealer boots, jeans, checked open neck shirt and a Scania jacket.

blue estate:

the maoster:

Is that when Dozy is with you [emoji38][emoji38]

Sent while from gods know where

He’s never with me, every time we’ve arranged to park up somewhere he’s phoned to say he’s gonna push on past because he’ll have seven minutes time left on his card and there’s a good layby he reckons he can get to. :wink:

Wheel Nut:
Most of the fridge drivers I have seen wear brown dealer boots, jeans, checked open neck shirt and a Scania jacket.

And a cowboy hat

Short, T-shirt and gloves are all you need.
Unless your tipping at one of these places that make you stand indoors at the back of the trailer while they tip you, BOC/GIST at Barnsley used to do this so I used to take the salopettes and padded freezer jacket I have left over from when I was a picking monkey in a freezer warehouse, then I was warmer than the guys who where tipping the trailer.
But it sounds like the OP is ■■■■■■■ chilled/frozen cages to shops etc, so after a while he wont give a ■■■■ if the load warms up while the back doors are open and he`s ■■■■■■■ cages around even on a hot day

If your ragging cages about, a short sleeved type shirt will be all you need, because once you have pulled the umpteenth cage that is frozen to the floor, you will be sweating like a scouser at a job centre.

Ken.

Waders gloves and posing pouch all in leather

robthedog:
Waders gloves and posing pouch all in leather

Don’t forget the gimp mask!

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

th (1).jpgYou said ‘minimum clothing’ so how about this…

When I first saw the title of this thread I thought it was a wind up but no, he really was serious.

Now I know it’s time to get out of this industry when new drivers are posting on the internet questions about what to wear to go to work.

Anyway here’s a picture of what you ought to wear for the 20 seconds you’ve likely to be in the back of a fridge trailer.

remy:
0You said ‘minimum clothing’ so how about this…

I do wish The other fridge driver would stop taking my photo when I’m about his work place it’s nearly stalking.