fridge units???

hi all,
is it me or are there more fridge units on the road?
nearly every time I park up or just settling down to bed one pulls up either next or near me. I am a really light sleeper esspecially in the wagon, I can’t sleep with that din all night. I now carry ear plugs with me which cuts most of the noise out.
Don’t get me wrong I’m not getting at the drivers as I know they have a job to do.
How do you drivers sleep with the unit going all night?
Do you get more money for driving them? Or do you just get used to the din?

i’ve only spent one night on a rigid fridge and it was the best nights sleep i ever got. i got used to the humming and in some funny way it sort of sent you to sleep.

i guess im lucky i am a heavy sleeper and could sleep on the washing line if it would hold my bulk!!

If you use ear plugs mate, have you ever slept in? due to not hearing your alarm.

Tell you truth when im out for the count i cant hear a thing just get a good nights sleep thats all, especially if had a few tinnies lol.

Whenever I sleep with the fridge running, I turn off cycle sentry so that it runs continuous instead of stop start; which wakes me (and anyone else nearby) up. Also where possible, drop the trailer and pull out just in front to reduce the noise level even more.

It’s the getting to sleep which bothers me, once I’m asleep I’ll probably sleep through it!
as for the ear plugs they tend to drop out during the night so no I don’t miss alarm!

i find it harder to sleep with night heater on than running fridge but im probably just weird :laughing: :laughing:

T_Trev:
where possible, drop the trailer and pull out just in front to reduce the noise level even more.

:wink: Do this everytime…you would`nt believe though how many drivers have asked, when they see me parked at Strensham…" have you got a problem…need any help :question: " ( thanks for asking guys anyway ) :sunglasses:

At least being a night driver i`m parking up when most are already up and about, I still try to park at least a few truck spaces away from people where I can though :unamused: Just wish the small minority of day drivers who slam doors, shout to mates 300yards away or rev the nuts off their clapped out - air leaking heaps just to build the air up ( just above tick-over will do you know) would consider those TRYING TO GET SOME SLEEP :imp:

if i can i jackknife the unit/trailer so the fridge is not right behind the unit stops a lot of noise specially on stop/start cycle

if i can i jackknife the unit/trailer so the fridge is not right behind the unit stops a lot of noise specially on stop/start cycle

I quite like having the fridge on at night, can sleep ok and the fridge drowns out all you noisy buggers. :smiling_imp:

Best kip i get, even when Iam not that tired just jump in the bunk and close my eyes and fall asleep, but i agree the stop start cycle on the TK smx and start up buzzer is a pain backside just as you drop off you hear beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeppppppppp then fires up.

i tend to switch from cycle to constant run if i have a load on when park up for day or night depending on shift can honestly say i sleep better with it running.

Pulled into birch services on m62 last week with frozen load and was set at -22 so parked away from drivers already sleeping only for some latvian truck park beside me and turn my fridge off :open_mouth: …lucky enough i wasnt asleep yet as was reading my book so just jumped out and switched it back on he then moved to other side of truck park

ST3:
i tend to switch from cycle to constant run if i have a load on when park up for day or night depending on shift can honestly say i sleep better with it running.

Pulled into birch services on m62 last week with frozen load and was set at -22 so parked away from drivers already sleeping only for some latvian truck park beside me and turn my fridge off :open_mouth: …lucky enough i wasnt asleep yet as was reading my book so just jumped out and switched it back on he then moved to other side of truck park

If you work for Reed Boardall I would of left it OFF lol :smiley: :smiley:

K.Adams:

ST3:

If you work for Reed Boardall I would of left it OFF lol :smiley: :smiley:

nah not them…but 1st time iv had a frozen load as normally just chilled

no problem whatsoever,
the fridge can stop and start all it need to.
it wont wake me.

ST3:

Did you not say anything to him?

Gurner:

ST3:

Did you not say anything to him?

i know he would have got a bloody good whack. :imp:

You want to try a Reefer Container with a Genset :open_mouth: :open_mouth: seriously loud

Just turn the ■■■■■■■ thing off…problem sorted. :sunglasses: :wink:

nah didnt say owt he took the hint it was staying on :laughing: cant be fussed with arguements and having to resort to other things over a ignorant foreign driver…mind you if he switched it off second time it would of pee’d me off :smiling_imp: