Fridge trailer doors and retainers

Hi all,

Hoping to get some fridge work this week and was once reading that there’s a particular door you should always shut first, is this right?

Also I’ve seen the spring loaded door retainers however I’ve seen some that have straps holding the door back? Are these simply hooked over or do you need to release these and ratchet them to secure the door?

Cheers

Don’t know what you mean by what door you shut first, it can only be the nearside door same as curtain Siders, and as for door retainers its usually spring loaded ones which are located just underneath the trailer so you open door right up pull out retainer and twist so it pulls the door tightly open against the side of the trailer, hope that makes sense.

Depends who made them… I’ve driven one where the back door seals were identical to each other, so the seal was really made up of them squashed together, and some where one door has an extra flap at the back of the door and the other has a flap at the front so they overlap… They are quite stiff so I think it’ll quite difficult to close them the wrong way if you’re not meant to…

On all the fridges i have driven back doors u open and most have a spring loaded retainer so opendoors pull ut retainer and twist up to secure door , when closing again some have to go back a certain way some dont if you remember when openng which was first just close the same way then at least you know they will shut :bulb: if the retainer s broken as can happen when you drive a veh that has many different drivers a ratchet strap can secure the door inside the fridge along middle of wall is usually a metal bar that you can use straps to secure cages etc , just hook up on that and take ratchet strap from there around the door and secure using the veh lip (like on a curtain sider) that will hold the door for you to back onto a bay , they also have a side door for access to the freezer compartment if multidroping this is just normally a springed handle pull out and secure door with the retainer as before , dont worry as they are all easy to use and can see just from looking how to secure doors etc , hope this helps

jen x

just had another thought some have a little chain with a clip that hooks on door same place as retainer bar just hooks onto a ring at bottom of door or onto the door mechanism :smiley:

Sometimes, if they are a tight fit, you have to open and close them together.