Fridge Start/Stop cycle

Quick question, when on fridge work if you set the fridge to start/stop, the fridge starts and runs until at temp and then obviously cuts off. At what point does it start again?? The temperature will rise in the trailer but at what point does the fridge start again, if say the fridge is set at 0 degrees, does it allow the temp to rise to +3 before starting again etc?

Yes pretty much, some might start at +2 some might go to +3 before starting, fridges are like sheep they all look the same but act and sound slightly differently :smiley:

bald bloke:
Yes pretty much, some might start at +2 some might go to +3 before starting, fridges are like sheep they all look the same but act and sound slightly differently :smiley:

But unlike sheep they keep you awake at night :imp:

It could be set by your workshop for a certain temp rise before restart? Do you use stop start on 0*C? My place fridge must be on constant for everything other than frozen to reduce risk of damage to load

Steve-o:
It could be set by your workshop for a certain temp rise before restart? Do you use stop start on 0*C? My place fridge must be on constant for everything other than frozen to reduce risk of damage to load

Everyone seems to have different rules or ways depending on who they work with.

our fridges rise by 3 degrees before restart.we run fresh at +1 which needs to be under 5 so its ok. some places insist on continuous running though.usually meat.i put it on continuous when i open the doors for a tip anyway.

As said.

Processed foods ie meat should be con to keep a stable temp to prevent bacteria which happens with temp fluctuations.

If you have dual temp trailers - you can set the two temps to fight each other, and they’ll then never cut out.

This is actually preferred by some, who’d rather have the fridge running solidly when parked up on their own at night (or with other drivers in the same layby) who then won’t be disturbed as much by the constant fridge as they would be by one starting and stopping every few minutes throughout the night… :bulb: :wink:

With the bulkhead open, and the whole load for “frozen” for example, you might set the headboard fan at -27 and the backdoor fan at -29…

Not such a good idea with a rear shutter door though - 'cos the damned thing freezes up solid with ice peeping out around the edges of the back shutter door! :blush:

You should be able to set the stop/start peramiters via the control panel

we have some who run always and other Start/Stop

blue estate:

bald bloke:

But unlike sheep they keep you awake at night :imp:

When I was doing 'fridge work to Europe some years ago it was before these stop/start devices, the 'fridge was running all the time, and you got used to it, no trouble sleeping at night, what did wake you up was when it stopped!

So what would you run fresh fish at thats boxed in ice?

euroscot:
So what would you run fresh fish at thats boxed in ice?

Usually run that at 0 or -1 the best advice with fridge temperatures is to ask when loading then get the temperature written onto the paperwork as they sign it, that way there are no comebacks on you if when you get to the delivery address they say it is not set to the right temp.