Fridge box won't start

cooper1203:
maybe a silly question and one not for a public forum but if the temp of the fridge was supposed to be +10 and the ambient temp of the trailor was +14 who would of / should i of jusy cracked on.

Depends on operator of course but everyone I’ve driven for in recent past Often know a temp is out of range before I do as an alarm goes off on tracker. Often been called or text and told to check the fridge. But for most goods 4°c won’t make much difference, May have just come off a defrost cycle. The 3 most temp critical goofs I’ve carried one is obvious two not- pharmaceuticals, hazardous Coke-Cola ingredients (yes really) and bananas! MMD are very serious about temps and keeping it on constant

It’s ok saying set the fridge to continuous but some have been locked to Stop start at some places along with set temp settings…

nick2008:
It’s ok saying set the fridge to continuous but some have been locked to Stop start at some places along with set temp settings…

Generally the more modern ones won’t stop if battery is low anyhow

cooper1203:
update for anyoone thats intrested. fitter arrived and spent 20 mins charging the battery then another 10 downloading the data. I did ask what was the cause of the issue but didnt get an answer he just said he had reset it all.

I susspect that what ever this short circuit - check circuit was about had caused the thing to stop working and then like someone said it kept trying to restart untill eventualy the battery was flat.

Jesus lol. The battery is knackered. Simple. Can’t charge a battery showing 7 volts in 20 minutes and let it go on its way.

nick2008:

Didn’t even know could do that. Will it automatically block continuous running if it’s set to different temps?

switchlogic:

nick2008:

Generally the more modern ones won’t stop if battery is low anyhow

Will if they run out of diesel :stuck_out_tongue:

switchlogic:

cooper1203:
maybe a silly question and one not for a public forum but if the temp of the fridge was supposed to be +10 and the ambient temp of the trailor was +14 who would of / should i of jusy cracked on.

Depends on operator of course but everyone I’ve driven for in recent past Often know a temp is out of range before I do as an alarm goes off on tracker. Often been called or text and told to check the fridge. But for most goods 4°c won’t make much difference, May have just come off a defrost cycle. The 3 most temp critical goofs I’ve carried one is obvious two not- pharmaceuticals, hazardous Coke-Cola ingredients (yes really) and bananas! MMD are very serious about temps and keeping it on constant

Luke, why are the hazardous Coke-Cola ingredients carried in fridges these days, 25 odd years ago they were going to Italy in tilts.

Don’t know. Most of loads I did were split temp too with frozen stuff in front compartment. Maybe they’ve standardised production to one site and export it all. Every load I did was very mixed with several types of product on board

Irishtrucker66:
why are the hazardous Coke-Cola ingredients carried in fridges these days, 25 odd years ago they were going to Italy in tilts.

Guessing…value and insurance conditions?