Friday ....

I actually got home by lunchtime today and don’t have to be back in NYC till 09.00am Monday :smiley:
I was climbing up the mountains on route 28 in the Catskills this morning and noticed the edge of the road is crumbling away at tthe parts where there are some very nasty drops :open_mouth:
This road goes up to 3,000 feet up, not that you would fall that far before stopping but I dont think youd have much chance of getting out alive. We used to take US17 then up another route to Fraser NY but the road gave way there and they put a 12000lb ban on that route, now this one is going the same way :exclamation:
Beautifull views though :smiley:

America is falling to bits. Ever since coming here in 2009 we’ve always called Pennsylvania “The Road Cone State” due to the endless amounts of permanent roadworks where the surface has been skimmed off and then left for years with no further work being carried out.

I-65 in Indiana is really bad, between Lafayette and the Indy ringroad there are potholes that bounce you out of your lane in a loaded truck, worst is just before the 158 mile marker heading south, big enough to seriously damage your truck, so if you’re heading that way, take the left lane before you get there :wink:

Allthough it has now been repaired, for years the worst bit of highway in the nort east was I-78 between the PA/NJ state line and the first or last exit depending on which way you were driving, it was like driving through a ploughed field.
Took a few years but now it has been smoothed out.
On the eastern spur of 95 in NJ as I drove north a month or so ago I noticed the northbound had stopped because two cops were in the road looking at a large hole that had suddenly opened up, it was on an elevated section. … The infrastructure of this country is crumbling away.

That bit of I-78, was that the concrete section that had a reduced speed limit :question:

Oh and I-94 in MN near Monticello is like driving a gravel road too, the bumps are spaced at just the right distance so as the front wheels drop in a hole the back wheels hit a bump, be warned, never pick your nose driving along here :laughing:

worse roads i ever drivenn on are in Poland before the EU ploughed all the money in there. Ruts so deep could take hands off wheel and would guide you down the road lol

newmercman:
That bit of I-78, was that the concrete section that had a reduced speed limit :question:

Oh and I-94 in MN near Monticello is like driving a gravel road too, the bumps are spaced at just the right distance so as the front wheels drop in a hole the back wheels hit a bump, be warned, never pick your nose driving along here :laughing:

never pick nose■■? how else suppose to entertainn myself going down the road■■? :imp: :imp:

pat have you snapped at last?? lol

youtube.com/watch?v=FoGdTz93 … re=related

taffytrucker:

Driven by what would seem to be a Mexican. Anyone seen the standard of driving from some of the Mexican trucks down in the economic zone near the border!!! Laredo, lovely place… :open_mouth:

taffytrucker:

Believe it or not I see similar driving on a day to day basis on I-95 in northern NJ and western CT :laughing:
Doesn’t get as bad as this though :laughing:

Pat Hasler:

taffytrucker:

Believe it or not I see similar driving on a day to day basis on I-95 in northern NJ and western CT :laughing:

does it make you feel homesick and think of the M25■■ kinda the same some days

taffytrucker:

Pat Hasler:

taffytrucker:

does it make you feel homesick and think of the M25■■ kinda the same some days

Oh you’re in for a treat. Thankfully you’ll be over on the sensible side of the continent. If you ever suffer the misfortune of being sent to southern Connecticut down the I95 you’ll view the M25 as a walk in the park. Similar traffic volume but a MUCH lower standard of driving ability.