Friday night M5 accident

Somerset M5 closed as 26-vehicle crash leaves 30 injured

Up to 30 people have been injured, seven of them seriously, in a crash on the M5 in Somerset involving 26 vehicles.

Police said they believed “people have lost their lives” in the crash, between junctions 23 and 26.

bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-somerset-15603124

burnham-on-sea.com/news/2011 … -11-11.php

avonandsomerset.police.uk/Lo … &t=1&lid=1

Just seen it on the news ,doesnt sound good.
Thoughts are with all those involved and caught up in it.

Yeah it sounds very nasty, it does tend to get foggy in that area though.

jessicas dad:
no sympathy from me…

i got stuck on the M42 today due more drivers who struggle going in a straight line with everyone going the same direction :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Well there’s sympathy from me especially for those innocent victims who suffer because of the actions of one person probably.

Terrible accident on the m5 tonight @ j24, up to 25 vehicles involved. Including 2 lorries which are on fire. Sounds like a bad one hopefully casualties will be at a minimum. Goes to show how easily things can happen on a wet and dark night. Stay safe lads!

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=76622
I agree, stay safe Guys & Gals…

jessicas dad:
no sympathy from me…

i got stuck on the M42 today due more drivers who struggle going in a straight line with everyone going the same direction :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

i passed that on m42 did not look too bad every one was walking about must have just happpend.

Doesn’t sound good at all on the M5, talk on twitter of a 24 hour closure.

The reports are saying there are a couple of trucks burning.

shortfatbaldbloke:
Doesn’t sound good at all on the M5, talk on twitter of a 24 hour closure.

The reports are saying there are a couple of trucks burning.

Just hope everyone is ok. 24 hour closed that does not sound good at all best phone the old man he is going down that way tonight.

bald bloke:

jessicas dad:
no sympathy from me…

Well there’s sympathy from me especially for those innocent victims who suffer because of the actions of one person probably.

oh yes the innocent people who get caught up dont get me wrong but to be fair mirror signal manover and 2nd rule instead of tailgating while updating facebook. then as well theirs those that as soon as they get hit start holding their back in pain while on the phone to neil hudgall and ambelance.

Just watching the footage on Sky news , it looks like a bomb has gone off .

1 Iceland truck visible another couple of trucks on fire. 1 TNT truck burning. Worst I can remember seeing.

What an awful disaster prayers go out to all involved
Echo previous posts stay safe everyone on roads tonight
Jen x

burnham-on-sea.com/news/2011 … -11-11.php

Sat in shock watching it on skynews, absolutly awful. Thoughts are with all those involved and their families. Stay safe everyone.

the guy talking on the news with the pregnant wife in his car who has since been taken to hospital,said that a police officer said there possibly10 fatalities and 18 seriously injured. :open_mouth:
and looking at the footage that’s a fair assumption. :frowning:

jessicas dad:
no sympathy from me…

Might want to reassess that feeling…no one sets out to lose their life in an accident.

Just got in,and what I’ve seen on sky news made me feel physically sick. My heart,thoughts and prayers to all involved.

jessicas dad:
no sympathy from me…

Yeah cos yr so bloody perfect and have never made an error of judgement in yr life?

To be honest, I expected better from a family man and a grown up. My mistake I guess.

God bless all those involved in this horrendous incident.