Friday M6

What the heck was goin on■■? Left Skem at 5 to 1 got on the M6 south (goin to Swindon for 5) and that was it…bumper to bumper all the way to junction 14…that took me 3 and half hours :imp:
Oh well at least they turned me back and I got an early finish :smiley:
Jacko

Thought it was like that every day on the M6■■?

Not at midnight, though :laughing:

Dunno. Don’t work Fridays anymore. Sunday - Thursday :laughing: :grimacing: .

The M6 is always chockas on a Friday afternoon. Good thing is it gets quieter the further North you go. By the time I hit Carnforth I am 3 1/4 hours from home and the roads almost empty. Once you get past thoses god-awful roadworks that is. :sunglasses: :smiley:

There was a music festival - V Festival at Weston Park just off the M6/M54/A5. Think that had a lot to do with the traffic last Friday. Apparently it also caused congestion - gasp on the M6 toll. Mind you they shot themsleves in the foot in putting the tolls up on Friday from £2 to £3 for a car.

I was talking to a friend who was attempting to get through the autotoll gates (exact change) behind cars who had £2 ready but couldn’t find the extra quid. There were people out of the cars trying to split £20 notes to get through. The ops were going mad as people weren’t allowed out of their cars. Other people were trying to change notes at other windows - who were refusing.

It was chaos.

Oh dear what a shame…

Calv