Fri -tues work

Does any one work this pattern?

As the work/drivetime resets at midnight sunday what hours can you work everyday?

Never done this pattern but may be changing job due to recent problems.

Cheers

I do it. Biggest problem is never knowing what bloody day it is lol.

Easier to find parking spots over the weekend, and although the roads are quieter, the calibre of drivers on them is of a much lower standard than through the week.

Your driving times reset Sunday night, but your working hours run between weekly rests, not Monday-Sunday. So unless you can fit in a split rest or 2, you’re limited to 3x15 and 2x13.

Technically you could do 4x10 hour drives (2 Fri-Sun, and 2 Mon & Tues) but of course this depends on your previous working week, and would impact on you the following week.

Also, the crappier backstreet/up an alley drops that the weekday guys get, tend to be shut on weekends, so for me it’s mainly RDC work.

PaulNowak:
I do it. Biggest problem is never knowing what bloody day it is lol.

Easier to find parking spots over the weekend, and although the roads are quieter, the calibre of drivers on them is of a much lower standard than through the week.

Your driving times reset Sunday night, but your working hours run between weekly rests, not Monday-Sunday. So unless you can fit in a split rest or 2, you’re limited to 3x15 and 2x13.

Technically you could do 4x10 hour drives (2 Fri-Sun, and 2 Mon & Tues) but of course this depends on your previous working week, and would impact on you the following week.

Thanks alot.Top info

Always done Friday Tuesday doing shops prefer weekends you get the early mornings to yourself to an extent.

Most of our shops open at 10 so tip at 9 which is ok when work get us there at 7 so it’s curtains shut alarm on and nighty night lol.we get £25 extra for Saturday and the same Sunday.
Mon to Fri would drive me mad with the rush hour every day lol.

I been doing thur - mon for years. The roads a bit quieter of a weekend especially the services. I can do stuff on tue and we’d without taking a day off for appointments etc. also if I do a sixth day I get Sunday rate.

I always work across the weekend cause its easier to catch up wiv teenage kids in the week . and i get a bit more money , but nothing like in the old days
Biggest advantage is the fat tie wearing types are not in the office so tends to be more chilled

Just forget the week starts sunday nonsense . that only exists to legally define a week .
Your week starts whenever your weekly rest ends , and you have same 7x24 hour days to comply with all legislation .
You certainly CAN NOT drive more than 2x10 hour days between weekly rests as above idiot suggests

boredwivdrivin:
You certainly CAN NOT drive more than 2x10 hour days between weekly rests as above idiot suggests

yes you can! And do six fifteens too :grimacing: I suggest if you’ve been doing it years, read up on boredwivreadingeudrivers hours.com :grimacing: if you’ve not driven two tens the previous week in between weekly rest periods and are not intending to do two tens the week after and it falls on a sat, sun, min and Tuesday its perfectly legal as is six fifteen hour shifts! Fri,sat,sun, non,ties and weds! :laughing: come on wake up! The only thing you’ve got to watch for is your ACTUAL fortnightly driving hours on the Sunday/ Monday UTC ( at present 01:00 hours ) as if you say at 87:00 and starting at three in the afternoon you can’t do more than three hours driving upto midnight/ one in the morning UTC :sunglasses: so plenty of park up time if you did! It’s like you can do six nights out/ 7 days as its 144 hours from the time you put your digi in ( HENCE TWENTY FOUR OFF ! ) and read the rules please! Thank you. :smiley:

boredwivdrivin:
I always work across the weekend cause its easier to catch up wiv teenage kids in the week…

Using “wiv” in your username can almost be excused… but using it in general conversation just makes you look like a prize cabbage and may go some way to explain why you can only get a job that involves working every weekend.

Also, teenage kids run just as fast at the weekend. What you want to do is use the element of surprise. Hide in a bush or something. If you get into a chase situation, you’ve already lost the battle.

boredwivdrivin:

Incorrect. It’s quite common (and understandable) for people to believe that the 3 reduced rests per week and the 2 x 10 hour drives per week refer to the same week. But they don’t. I just got reminded of this myself when trying to help someone on the noobs section.
Up to 2 x 10 hour drives per fixed week (Mon 00:00 to Sun 23:59)
Up to 3 reduced daily rests between two weekly rest periods (can be any day of week).

buses:
Does any one work this pattern?

As the work/drivetime resets at midnight sunday what hours can you work everyday?

Never done this pattern but may be changing job due to recent problems.

Cheers

This might help …

NEVER think in terms of shifts or days

The regs work on hours and fixed weeks known as week

There are certain rules for fixed weeks (week) and certain rules for between daily and weekly rests

Also rules for how much daily and weekly rest you must take within certain time frames

The same rules apply no matter what your pattern of work is

And cue umpteen pages of tooing and froing between members as to whether you can do extra extended driving if its during a crossover of working weeks.
Wonder how long it’ll take the first insult to appear? :laughing:

The-Snowman:
And cue umpteen pages of tooing and froing between members as to whether you can do extra extended driving if its during a crossover of working weeks.

You my friend can go yourself! :grimacing:

(Not long! :wink:)

Evil8Beezle:

The-Snowman:

Where are you two from, Nose City?

th2013:

Evil8Beezle:

The-Snowman:

Where are you two from, Nose City?

Yep! You must know it well being just down the road from Chip town…

Evil8Beezle:

LOL, hopefully you caught the Monty Python reference…was just kidding… :wink:
( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ToYt5SgGDgI )

th2013:

Evil8Beezle:

LOL, hopefully you caught the Monty Python reference…was just kidding… :wink:
( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ToYt5SgGDgI )

Nope, flew straight over my head… :angry:

Been donkeys years since I saw that movie, although i heard on the radio they are doing a one night only showing soon.
The reason why I missed…

No problem with the shift pattern if it suits you, just make sure the wage reflects two days at premium rate every single week of the year.

Contraflow:
Also, teenage kids run just as fast at the weekend. What you want to do is use the element of surprise. Hide in a bush or something. If you get into a chase situation, you’ve already lost the battle.

Now that ^^^^^^^ is properly funny. I salute you monkey man.

boredwivdrivin:

Please tell me that you have no plans to use that new cycle path to actually cycle to a lorry and take it out on the road now that you’ve proved that your grasp of legislation can at best be described as tenuous?