Fresh new member, Fresh new Class 2 Driver

Hi people.
Just passed my class 2 test and whilst looking for jobs stumbled across TruckNetUk.
Wanted to briefly document what I’ve been doing to get to this point.
Basically been made redundant at my current job working at a pharmaceutical site in Dagenham, Essex. So needed to find something in preparation. A really good friend lent me the money to do my class 2 course with the promise to pay back once I’m earning.
I used RoadTrain training company who were great with me!! I had 3 days of 6 hours one on one driving, weds, thurs & fri With my test on the mon. Passed with 2 driving faults (chuffed!!)
Passed my initial Cpc last Monday and have my mod 4 this Monday. (Bricking it)
My dad is a class 1 agency driver so am joining his agency fingers crossed they’ll have something for me.
All in all have enjoyed it so far and can’t wait to get going. Although from sounds of it may struggle for work first of all. Luckily don’t lose my job till December 31st so aiming to work weekends for the experience.

Price breakdown.
Medical - £45
Theory - £35
Hazard & Perception - £15
Training - £1060
Initial Cpc - £30
Practical Cpc - £210

:smiley: :smiley:

Excellent news well done. The price you paid was very reasonable. For anyone looking to do training they should aim to pay roughly the same.

Paul

Module 4 is simple enough. I did mine a couple of weeks ago. So long as you can talk dung, you’ll be fine! :laughing: My examiner got bored half way through the daily check part and just gave me the full marks!

Cpc all done and that’s it. I’m ready for the job hunt.
Exactly as you said steveoxsi, examiner couldn’t be asked and gave me full marks half way round the daily checks.
The training company I used have also given me some numbers of company’s that have phoned them looking for good new drivers, jewsons & Reynolds. So hopefully can get something there.