Fresh New Driver - Need Help -

I am a fresh C+E Driver starting my training with my training company. i paid for my own training and now i am getting more advanced training with the company i work for. My question is:

Where can i find information about Tachograph rules and regulations / Working Time Directive ?

Am i under GB Domestic Rules or EU Rules? (I am staying in the UK and the company handles Parcel Delivery)

I am being trained on how to operate a tachograph and also how to input Manual Entries etc, But any more advice on learning more how to use them would be appreciated :slight_smile:

-S

SDizzy:
I am a fresh C+E Driver starting my training with my training company. i paid for my own training and now i am getting more advanced training with the company i work for. My question is:

Where can i find information about Tachograph rules and regulations / Working Time Directive ?

Rules on Drivers Hours and Tachographs (Goods vehicles in GB and Europe)

SDizzy:
Am i under GB Domestic Rules or EU Rules? (I am staying in the UK and the company handles Parcel Delivery)

EU regulations.

SDizzy:
I am being trained on how to operate a tachograph and also how to input Manual Entries etc, But any more advice on learning more how to use them would be appreciated :slight_smile:

Without knowing what sort of tachograph you’ll be using it’s hard to say much, however Siemens are the most used so this would be a good start.

If you tell us what sort of tachograph you’ll be using I’ll post more information.

I’ll just say

listen to Tachograph and you wont go far wrong,

I aint sure what tachograph. im using a digicard driving a new face 64 plate DAF if that helps. the faceplate of the tachograph has arrows on the right with the OK button being the right button. and then buttons with 1 and a down arrow. sorry if it doesnt help. i am THAT NEW. Hehe. And also. Doesnt GB rules apply to me as i am carrying parcel load?? If so i will only revise my EU regulations. thanks!

Edit: C+E driver pulling double axle trailer.

SDizzy:
I aint sure what tachograph. im using a digicard driving a new face 64 plate DAF if that helps. the faceplate of the tachograph has arrows on the right with the OK button being the right button. and then buttons with 1 and a down arrow. sorry if it doesnt help. i am THAT NEW. Hehe. And also. Doesnt GB rules apply to me as i am carrying parcel load?? If so i will only revise my EU regulations. thanks!

Edit: C+E driver pulling double axle trailer.

It’ll be a Siemens then … parcels use to be RM but they fell into eu regs years ago there are very few jobs that will be domestic regs so get the eu regs in your head…

As Nick said parcels will come under EU regulations and what you’ve described is a Siemens digital tachograph.

The way it works is that everyone who drives a commercial vehicle over 3½ tonnes is in-scope of EU regulations unless the job they do is exempt, there’s a list of exemptions on page 13 of the Rules on Drivers Hours and Tachographs (the link I posted earlier).

I’m not sure what your situation is but if you need to do the initial driver CPC module 2 I believe you will need to study domestic regulations as well as the EU regulations, though to be honest there’s not much to the UK domestic rules for goods vehicle drivers.

You say you’re starting C+E training so do you already have a cat C licence ?

Here’s a Youtube video on manual entries (Siemens tachograph)

And here the drivers instruction manual
Siemens Digital Tachograph Instruction Manual Release 2.0-2.1

I hold a full C+E Licence and have passed all tests. But the CPC Module 2 Barely scapes the surface when it comes to learning it. Material That barely scapes the surface. But i used a website called DrivingTheory4All to train me fo rmy CPC Module 2 exam. Maybe that is why i dont know alot about the EU Regulations, I will learn the EU Regulations then if GB Domestic will not be used in my career of driving.

where in the country are you

nick2008:

North West buddy.

Its worth following this link, printing it and keep it with you

gov.uk/government/uploads/s … al-HGV.pdf

SDizzy:

nick2008:

North West buddy.

If you can get to Burnley on Saturday 18th April I am running a drivers hours & Tacho CPC course - come and sit in for the day and get all your questions including use of digital Tacho and manual inputs, WTD etc answered

And … Don’t tell anyone but I’ll do you a very special trucknet rate of £0 - yep - FREE!!! If you want it uploading to count as DCPC just pay the £8.75 upload fee.