French truck uk speeding camera

Got flashed today on the A619 out of Chesterfield.
My fault, was miles away in the land of ■■ it its Friday and I wanna go home.
Question is, will I receive a ticket in a French plated truck?

vodka-ad:
My fault, was miles away in the land of [zb] it its Friday and I wanna go home.

i would be very doubtfull if you see ticket but i have been wrong before

Been flashed many a time in Irish and German registered trucks and never herd any more! The fun started when you were pulled in German reg and produce a New Zealand licence! You would be sent on your way very swiftly.

vodka-ad I used to get flashed all the time when I was driving that Belgium plated orange daf,
never once got a ticket in the uk ,
i would never put any crap on the truck or in the windscreen (name plate) to show i was English.

the system is in construction to make sure you get fined no matter where you get flashed, no matter what is the country of registration. At least that’s what was said by the traffic commisioner of the EU on tv here a few months ago.

Forget it you won’t get a fine. They’ve been trying to do this system where the countries of Europe share info since I’ve been driving. They are closer but I read an article the other day where the UK and Holland are thinking of opting out of it anyway!

Forgot it, have a pint or three to get over it. :grimacing:

ive been flashed a few times in Switzerland and never had anything said.

members on here have said " they will stop you at the border " but I never have.

don’t forget vodka it would have snapped the trailer number plate and not your unit,

They can’t do much unless they catch you red handed and find out you have a UK licence. There is no agreement between European countries on licence endorsements and penalties, Very few agreements on information sharing, Therefore until European courts hand out the same punishments for the same offence in every country and share information, Then nothing will happen.

gazza1970:
don’t forget vodka it would have snapped the trailer number plate and not your unit,

thats right int it? the euro guys trailers are registered in their own right, so presumably the paper trail created by the camera partnerships attempt to contact said transport company, who then have to trace where a particular trailer was on a particular day, way back when is obviously going to be just too time consuming right?

chris:

gazza1970:

thats right int it? the euro guys trailers are registered in their own right, so presumably the paper trail created by the camera partnerships attempt to contact said transport company, who then have to trace where a particular trailer was on a particular day, way back when is obviously going to be just too time consuming right?

The paper trail won’t even begin. Once seen its a foreign reg it’ll go in the metaphorical bin.

switchlogic:
The paper trail won’t even begin. Once seen its a foreign reg it’ll go in the metaphorical bin.

When we used to pull Dutch trailers (Estron, De Rijke etc) in the UK, every now and then one of us would get flashed by a gatso but because we never put a UK number plate on the back they couldn’t do a thing. Estron once told us that someone in the UK actually called them as they suspected it was being pulled by a British truck, which it would have been. Estron simply told them to eff off and put the phone down.

switchlogic:
Forget it you won’t get a fine. They’ve been trying to do this system where the countries of Europe share info since I’ve been driving. They are closer but I read an article the other day where the UK and Holland are thinking of opting out of it anyway!

Actually, they do achieved a lot. I have read recently that Polish plated cars can now get ticket from ten or more European countries - Germany, France, Spain i think, Belgium, Czech Rep, Slovakia, Hungary, Austria, Italy… Of course it works both ways. I think it is done on bilateral basis with each of the countries separately.

Some years ago UK wanted to obtain data from Polish goverment without sharing data about their cars, as there is some law here that prevents giving such info. Poland said it’s either both ways or none. Since then no further talks between these two goverments were carried.

vodka-ad:
My fault, was miles away in the land of [zb] it its Friday and I wanna go home.

Recently Polish people started to receive British tickets to their country. I learned that only few days ago. So obviously something is changing

robinhood_1984:

switchlogic:

When we used to pull Dutch trailers (Estron, De Rijke etc) in the UK, every now and then one of us would get flashed by a gatso but because we never put a UK number plate on the back they couldn’t do a thing. Estron once told us that someone in the UK actually called them as they suspected it was being pulled by a British truck, which it would have been. Estron simply told them to eff off and put the phone down.

You can’t get away with that anymore.
Vosa will have you for £60.00 and a prohibition now,I know, they had me a few weeks ago at Immingham.
I put it on and the prohibition was lifted,and as I passed the attitude tesy it didn’t cost.
The very next day my lad,who drives for DSV was relieved of £60.00

I got flashed once, they had the choice of 3 different i.d plates, unit, trailer,and kooiap/moffit hanging from back of trailer, never heard a thing :smiley: .
I also once had a difference of opinion with vosa guy, he made enquries about doing me for displaying different plates :unamused: , as he thought it shouldn’t be that way :unamused: , I told him to ring the Belgian government in Brussels and tell them that HE thinks that they should change their regulations, he reluctantly let me go,…knob! :unamused:

Well nearly 3 weeks now and neither myself nor the office has heard anything :slight_smile:
Chalk one up for me lol

vodka-ad:
Well nearly 3 weeks now and neither myself nor the office has heard anything :slight_smile:
Chalk one up for me lol

and keep your foot down :grimacing: :wink:

jessicas dad:
ive been flashed a few times in Switzerland and never had anything said.

members on here have said " they will stop you at the border " but I never have.

Ooh matron.