French speed limits reduced

Caught the french news on the ferry yest, it said the speed limits in northern france have been reduced by 20kmh due to pollution. Car drivers can only use their cars every 2nd day.

Snowgo:
Car drivers can only use their cars every 2nd day.

Maybe today is the French April Fools Day.

The French have laid on free public transport in Paris because of smog :confused:

telegraph.co.uk/news/worldne … sport.html

Funny enough 1 of our drivers rang me on Thursday on his way to Cannes to ask if the speed limit had been reduced as he was overtaking everything on sight…I said I hadn’t heard anything…until now :slight_smile:. :slight_smile:

Wheel Nut:
The French have laid on free public transport in Paris because of smog :confused:

telegraph.co.uk/news/worldne … sport.html

Lol - can you see France paying any EU fine? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: They leave that up to the UK :smiling_imp:

Snowgo:
Car drivers can only use their cars every 2nd day.

Basically, if your car reg is an odd number, you can only drive it into the relevant city on an odd date day, ie your reg has 275 in it for instance you can use it the 1st, 3rd, 5th etc of the month. Clearly if you have an even number, you use it on even date days.

See here.

impair = odd

They tried that years ago. :unamused:

Apparently the reduced speed limits apply to the Nord-Pas-De-Calais (depts 59 and 62) plus Picardie (depts 02, 60, 89). The only effect they’ll have on trucks over 7.5t will be on RN national roads where the limit is temporarily at 70kmh . . . the speed limit is the same for both cars and trucks while the restrictions are in force, so you’ll still be able to run at 90 on autoroutes.

These limits may also be applied to other departments in the northern half of France - just look out for the signs

~ Craig

Lol. Gotta love the French.

Héraultais:
Basically, if your car reg is an odd number, you can only drive it into the relevant city on an odd date day, ie your reg has 275 in it for instance you can use it the 1st, 3rd, 5th etc of the month. Clearly if you have an even number, you use it on even date days.

Manila, Philippines brought this in years ago. All those who could afford just went out and bought a 2nd car with the other odd/even number.