French Speed Limit Stickers

Hi, does anyone know if it is/has become law to display max speed limit stickers on the back of your cab and trailer in France. I heard a rumour about this last year and was over there a few weeks ago and there seemed to be a lot of stickered up trucks about. Heading back there next week so thought I’d better double check. Cheers

I dont have any and have never been stopped about them or when I have been stopped nothing has been said.

Only on French Reg Vehs

Geoff

I would put them on for peace of mind, one more thing to be fined for, yes it is the law.

I’ve never had a problem not having them when I’ve been stopped either.

It’s purely a legal requirement for “French” commercial vehicles enforced here in France , in other words it will not affect you driving an English registered vehicle running the French roads.
I presume the same will apply for Belgian trucks regs in Belgium, Spanish trucks regs in Spain etc etc etc.

It’s a country of origin thing depending on the gendarme who stops you! We had this as a problem in Italy some years ago when amazingly all the carabineri happened to carry spare 70 & 80 stickers in their car boots at a cost of course.
It’s the same as euro units not needing to run with their mudflaps on because of their country rules where as we get nicked for it!

Thanks for the words of wisdom guys, think I’ll leave them off, been ok up to now.